Finance!?

Current Wage is lower than the Wage budget, I bought players with less than the budget given, why do I keep on getting losses instead of profit?

(Champions Cup:- 1st)

(Premier League:- 4th)

Because the board do a poor job of setting your budgets.

Just because your current wage is less than the allocated wage budget does not mean that your wages are not a high expenditure. Look at your expenditures, what needs cutting? And conversely look at your revenues, what needs improving, e.g. merchandising, try and get a feeder team from japan/China/U.S.A. This depends on the stature of the club in question. More information is needed for a more contructive answer. :)

You are only 2 million down on the season, so all you need to do is tighten the belt a little, maybe get rid of a few reserve teamers on high-ish pay, and you should start making some money. In future keep a closer eye on what you are spending. Just because it is within your budget, does not mean that the club can actually afford it.

As for your 2nd question, just go into your tactics screen and select View>Attributes>Free kicks. Then click on the top of the free kicks column to sort them in descending order (Best at the top)

You are only 2 million down on the season, so all you need to do is tighten the belt a little, maybe get rid of a few reserve teamers on high-ish pay, and you should start making some money. In future keep a closer eye on what you are spending. Just because it is within your budget, does not mean that the club can actually afford it.

As for your 2nd question, just go into your tactics screen and select View>Attributes>Free kicks. Then click on the top of the free kicks column to sort them in descending order (Best at the top)

Awesome, Thanks :D

If you look at your expenditure the two highest figures by some way are wages and players bought, which is natural. Players bought is about 4/9 of the total expenditure which is a high percentage, but come the end of the season your wages will probably be the biggest expenditure. As you are into your fifth month of the season then your prize money will arrive near the end of the season, but on the other hand costs like dividends will also arise. The data shows that revenue will be received in the comming months from selling player(s) but only around 100k. However all your summer spending on players was done straight out- maybe in future try and balance the books by buying players over 6-24 months to avoid vast amounts of expenditure at a given point in time. From my experiences at a big club my assistant dealt with contract negotiations for my reserve team, I realised that some players were on 30k a week!!! About 1.5m a year per player and that soon amounts to a lot, so try and get rid of some reserve team players who are high earners. In terms of revenue try and sell any unwanted players- possibly some of the elder statesman as they seem to have high wages and replace with younger players- but i guess you cannot replace experience.:( Try and gain merchandising feeder clubs to increase that, but I believe you can only get two clubs. Are you always filling your stadium??? Maybe an expansion. Hope that helps. :)

I have one more quick question (just to avoid making a new thread), Can you look at a list that arranges your player according to one skill, I want to know who are my best free-kick takers... with a way other than opening each single profile

Or from your squad screen.

Select Technical from the view menu (top right) and then click the free kick tab to sort by free kick.

If you are in the middle of a season those figures are not helpful yet. You might usually loose money month by month but in the end earn money over the season due to PL and CL prize and TV money coming at the end of a season.

If these are the final figures already you have now learned that you should just 2m, either in wages or transfer spending, compared to this season and thus not max out the budgets given if they are too high.

If you still have a good (poditive) balance, just spend those 2m a year and they won't hurt losing. No need to make profits unless you are in the red.

Your finances for the season so far are fairly good, only two million of a loss, but the figures for the previous month are a bit more worrying, recorsding a £4.5m loss of one month more than double your total losses for the year. For to keep your finances on an even keel what you really need to be doing is making sure that your wages are less than your total match day income (i.e. gate receipts, TV money and match day income) for the month. Now for your previous month you had a wage bill of £6.5m with match day income of just over £5.3m, leaving you with a £1.2m hole to fill.

Unless you are really successful year in year out (multiple CL and Premiership wins) this kind of loss will be hard to sustain (my preference is to not depend on prize money and try to keep it as pure profit at the end of the season, to be converted into transter money for the next). My suggestion is to look at your team and sell off any dead wood for as well as you can. If you have a big youth set-up cut all the players with only a one star rating. On the transfer side of things try to look for good players who are fairly cheap, and young. For me I only make one or at most two major singings a year, and then only to replace those I sell, otherwise I scout around for good cheap buys, and I often will take palyers on a free transfer who are only squad players at best if I know I will sell them for a good price in a year or two.

Just like real life, most football clubs aren't in profit, only the biggest clubs can generally claim profits because of their bigger revenues.

Some tips on how to improve the finances:

1. Arrange some pre-season friendlies with big teams at home. Arrange them early after the season has ended or the club you invite will arrange their own fixtures and will reject your requests because of fixture congestion. Arranging pre-season friendly leagues is a great way for any club to get some cash from gate receipts. Inviting 3 big clubs to take part means 6 games in total, give the invited teams a match fee (generally more than £500k) and the rest you'll keep as Gate Receipts for yourself.

If your club has high attendances and high ticket prices, you could stand to gain around £8-10m (with 40,000+ attendances and £35+ ticket prices). If you're feeling adventurous, arrange 2 friendly leagues! Be wary of the day when arranging the league because certain days will mean particular kick off times which attract higher attendances than others. Some big games might also get picked for TV viewing and you'll earn some TV revenue. You can play your u19 or Reserve side if your players aren't fit.

2. Spread your transfer fee's over 24months because you'll be able to take advantage of a higher balance and the higher Interest paid to you (check Income > Interest) It's a small sum, but the Interest you receive on a big balance could pay the wages for 2 or 3 players you've signed. Spending your entire transfer budget in 1 payment will reduce the balance and you'll miss out on earning Interest. The tax you pay for signing players will also be spread out over the 24months as you make the payments.

3. Squad management is important, trim the 1st team and get rid of unneeded reserve players and youth players. Take Inter as an example if you was to manage them. Do you really need an ageing Figo, Zanetti and Materazzi taking up over £150,000 a week with a combined age of more than 100? Look to get rid of uneccessary high earners and ageing players, theres no room for nostalgia in finance control! A 1st team squad of 25 is healthy with cover for every position. Theres no point in keeping a full reserve squad really, i never have any. I fill my youth team up with capable youngsters who can do a job if needed.

4. Think about the contracts you're offering new players, give them slightly less than what they're asking for. Take someone like Steven Defour or Axel Witsel at Standard. They're both on around £13k a week, but they may want £30+ when signing them. It's supposed to be a contract negotiation, you offer them X and they want Y, eventually you compromise with Z. So offer them less, around £23k and see if they accept, never offer what they demand straight away unless the player is unsure of a move and especially if the player is taking a big step up from a poorer club to a bigger club.

Take a look at their bonuses too. Sometimes the player will accept a lower contact wage, for a higher bonus. Which works out better for you, especially if the player is on squad rotation and won't always play. Always reduce their signing on fees by a couple of hundred thousand, for someone greedy who's demanding £3m, reduce it further.

Just like real life, most football clubs aren't in profit, only the biggest clubs can generally claim profits because of their bigger revenues.

Some tips on how to improve the finances:

1. Arrange some pre-season friendlies with big teams at home. Arrange them early after the season has ended or the club you invite will arrange their own fixtures and will reject your requests because of fixture congestion. Arranging pre-season friendly leagues is a great way for any club to get some cash from gate receipts. Inviting 3 big clubs to take part means 6 games in total, give the invited teams a match fee (generally more than £500k) and the rest you'll keep as Gate Receipts for yourself.

If your club has high attendances and high ticket prices, you could stand to gain around £8-10m (with 40,000+ attendances and £35+ ticket prices). If you're feeling adventurous, arrange 2 friendly leagues! Be wary of the day when arranging the league because certain days will mean particular kick off times which attract higher attendances than others. Some big games might also get picked for TV viewing and you'll earn some TV revenue. You can play your u19 or Reserve side if your players aren't fit.

2. Spread your transfer fee's over 24months because you'll be able to take advantage of a higher balance and the higher Interest paid to you (check Income > Interest) It's a small sum, but the Interest you receive on a big balance could pay the wages for 2 or 3 players you've signed. Spending your entire transfer budget in 1 payment will reduce the balance and you'll miss out on earning Interest. The tax you pay for signing players will also be spread out over the 24months as you make the payments.

3. Squad management is important, trim the 1st team and get rid of unneeded reserve players and youth players. Take Inter as an example if you was to manage them. Do you really need an ageing Figo, Zanetti and Materazzi taking up over £150,000 a week with a combined age of more than 100? Look to get rid of uneccessary high earners and ageing players, theres no room for nostalgia in finance control! A 1st team squad of 25 is healthy with cover for every position. Theres no point in keeping a full reserve squad really, i never have any. I fill my youth team up with capable youngsters who can do a job if needed.

4. Think about the contracts you're offering new players, give them slightly less than what they're asking for. Take someone like Steven Defour or Axel Witsel at Standard. They're both on around £13k a week, but they may want £30+ when signing them. It's supposed to be a contract negotiation, you offer them X and they want Y, eventually you compromise with Z. So offer them less, around £23k and see if they accept, never offer what they demand straight away unless the player is unsure of a move and especially if the player is taking a big step up from a poorer club to a bigger club.

Take a look at their bonuses too. Sometimes the player will accept a lower contact wage, for a higher bonus. Which works out better for you, especially if the player is on squad rotation and won't always play. Always reduce their signing on fees by a couple of hundred thousand, for someone greedy who's demanding £3m, reduce it further.

wow that really helped swiss :thup: im alittle bit in a finance promblem aswell thanks mate you helped alot

Archived