Holidaying while waiting for a job offer

What am I doing wrong? I go on holiday indefinitely, and I apply to all clubs and check the box that says "Return from holiday when offered a job." I've returned from a holiday three times now to discover that I've magically accepted a position for some 3rd Division German clubs.

How am I supposed to do this correctly?..

To me, you dont appear to be doin anything wrong! Admittedly there could be something blindingly obvious, but its not springing to mind... Try holidaying til a specific date, rather than indefintely, see if that causes the same thing to happen....

If you have a job offer in your in box (that you have not declined) and then go on holiday, I believe the system will cause you to automatically accept that job. That's the only thing I can think of.

That doesn't have an effect, I believe, because I have had jobs accepted against my will with offers in my inbox or not.

Using the method of just going on holiday for 14 days or so instead of indefinitely ALSO didn't work, because I randomly got a job in Italy. I got sick of having to resign from no-name clubs, so I just stopped going on holiday.

Frustrating.

I had this on an old save, resigned from Rochdale as I felt I had achieved all I could with them, holidayed with the "return when offered a job" box ticked, had been on holiday for ages so pressed the "return from holiday" box, to find I was suddenly the boss of recently relegated Parma.

Sounds like a bug if jobs are being accepted automatically for you. QA are going to look into this issue and see what they find.

Seen this in another thread, located here might be worth mentioning in there that you're havin the same problem! :thup: (he's SI staff!)

Archived