How to resign

If clubs lack my sizeable ambition,, I like to go out in a blaze of glory; remove all feeder club links, offer all staff mutual terminations and demand stadium expansions (purely in the hope that they accept and are then saddled with a significant future cost for redevelopment).

Either that, or quietly resign and sneak out via the deliveries entrance...

The first option is totally unrealistic, it wouldnt happen normally. More or less the same as giving all your good players undervalued release fees so you can get them on the cheap at your next club.

I know that, but wouldn't it be great if it DID happen?

"Right, that's it lads, I'm away. Oh, and Mr Chairman, I've faxed FC Twente and told them to naff off!"

What's all this about release fees? I tend to sign people on manager release clauses and have a club lined up before I leave if I can. Both will leave you open to other teams bidding but in my way its less likely to happen while you're still manager. I also do the mutual termination thing though :thup:

What's all this about release fees? I tend to sign people on manager release clauses and have a club lined up before I leave if I can. Both will leave you open to other teams bidding but in my way its less likely to happen while you're still manager. I also do the mutual termination thing though :thup:

You do know that the manager release clause means that a player can move for free to another club to become manager not that he's allowed to move free when his manager moves?

Archived