Discovering old saves

Has this ever happened to you? Basically, with every FM i always start up quite a few saves but generally only play a couple that i get in to. I was just looking through to see which saves i have and i found my very first 'proper' save from 09. I loaded it up to find me as Gateshead manager, in 2015 in the premier league! I had forgotten all bout it, but now im back in love with Gateshead again! As soon as i saw that team sheet on my first game back, the memories returned. So, share your stories if it has happened to you!

Yep, just done a similar thing; just re-discovered my save with Solihull Moors in the Premiership in 2023! We've just won the UEFA Cup, at the end of last season, and the first match up was the Super Cup vs Real Madrid! A nice way to get back into the save!

You done well to get into the Prem by 2015, it took me much longer, and Im playing on 08 lol

Yep, just done a similar thing; just re-discovered my save with Solihull Moors in the Premiership in 2023! We've just won the UEFA Cup, at the end of last season, and the first match up was the Super Cup vs Real Madrid! A nice way to get back into the save!

You done well to get into the Prem by 2015, it took me much longer, and Im playing on 08 lol

Yes, it was well done. Part of the reason i chose Gateshead is become im from Newcastle and wanted more of a challenge than managing them, and the fact that they already have an 11,000 seater stadium. Once you start winning games and getting promoted, that soon starts filling up giving them a bit of extra in-game financial clout. The first season is pretty easy as their squad is capable of challenging for the league already. Its after that it gets harder but, as i said, the potential extra gate reciepts help a lot!

lol yeah i can imagine it does! i'd only just gotten a ground that size when we were in the Championship! Solihull dont even own their own ground on 08, so its a bloomin nightmare trying to make any money for quite a while...

Archived