Question About Adding Lower Levels With Editor

It seems that the editor will have quite a few limitations for creating new leagues in terms of structure and promotion/relegation system. However, if a lower level already exists in the database and the user wants to add it, it sounds like there will there be no such limitations. Is this correct?

An excellent example is the Belgian Promotion (Fourth Division). There is a complex system for promotion from the Fourth to the Third Division that combines a multi-stage season with automatic promotions and promotion/relegation playoffs. I won't go into all the details, but it's fair to say that I don't think there is any way to create a league from scratch with this format.

However, if you're playing FM with the Belgian Third Division playable, the game seems to handle the promotion and relegation correctly even though it's not actually simulating the fixtures for the Fourth Division competition.

Since this seems to work in FM despite the Fourth Division being unplayable, does this mean that we can add the Fourth Division with the editor and have it be totally accurate? Will it correctly simulate this league despite the fact that its complexity would probably prevent the user from creating it from scratch?

I hope that someone from SI can provide much more information about how well the editor will be able to activate lower levels that are currently unplayable.

Yes, activation is all that would be required, but the question is whether activation really means that the real life system for promotion and relegation is used. My understanding has always been that the editor uses club reputations combined with the league promotion rules to determine who gets promoted. It's not actually simulating the non-playable competitions. So the question is whether the non-playable leagues already have ALL their competition rules and structures programmed, and it's just a simple matter of making them active and turning on a switch.

Maybe an effective way would be to post it in the Editors Hideaway (where there's people that actually use the editors)?

Given that SI has posted links to two blog postings about the editor from this forum, I assumed that this was the place to post it. SI rarely frequents the editors forum.

Archived