DO the last 15 mins help a youngster...

Interesting question, I guess in real life any experience is good experience for young players so I can only assume the same is true for FM. I've currently got a young AM/FC who I keep doing exactly this with, throwing him on with 15-30 minutes to go when the game is won and he's not doing too badly but youngsters tend to develop quicker if you give them as much game time as possible instead of 15 mins here and there.

From my experiences the best way for your youngsters to improve is first team football. 15 minutes will give them good first team experience at the highest level and will come acustom them to the way you play and will blend in with the rest of the team. However I would say 15 minutes is not long enough for a player to really influence or stamp their authority on a game. I would say give the player(s) 30 minutes to achieve the desired results!. :)

right from the cm days it used to be stated in the tips something like "put your youngsters on even if its 10mins left"

i would say yes, & every now & again you should start him in a match against the bottom team when yous meet & lower league teams in cup matches.

From my experiences the best way for your youngsters to improve is first team football. 15 minutes will give them good first team experience at the highest level and will come acustom them to the way you play and will blend in with the rest of the team. However I would say 15 minutes is not long enough for a player to really influence or stamp their authority on a game. I would say give the player(s) 30 minutes to achieve the desired results!. :)

LOL at all his ffancy words for no reason!

and yeah i usually put em on at 65 and they seem to develop ok

I prefer to send my youngsters on loan. I pay close attention to the training setup at the club that once them.

If they have top training facilities then off they go.

I recently sent one off to championship side Leicester and he really improved. It also help if the club say the player is going to be a regular from the start

I would expect any play time is good for a young player. However from my own experience, not checking too closely though, it feels a player only really develops if he is playing 60+ min and in the starting lineup. But like I said, I haven't payed close enough attention to it.

Someone mentioned the player getting used to the way your team plays. I would like to ask this question in this thread, as I think it kind of fits. Does using the same tactic for your reserves/u-18 help them develop faster, getting more used to the way you want to play the game? Or does it have no effect at all? I've recently started to drill my reserves/u-18 to play the same way I play the first team. My hope is that the young players would get used to the tactic used and maybe get a extra boost in development and be ready when called upon for the 1st team.

I prefer to send my youngsters on loan. I pay close attention to the training setup at the club that once them.

If they have top training facilities then off they go.

I recently sent one off to championship side Leicester and he really improved. It also help if the club say the player is going to be a regular from the start

Good Post! I hadnt thought about the training facilities at the Loaned to-club!, I was just focussing on the coaches abilities there. I will now.

Archived