FM10 - Two Release Dates?

As the 2nd November is a Monday I find this very hard to believe as games in the UK are released on Friday's, I think games in USA are released on a Tuesday so that would be 3rd November, but in the UK FM2010 is scheduled for release 30th October which falls on a Friday.

As the 2nd November is a Monday I find this very hard to believe as games in the UK are released on Friday's, I think games in USA are released on a Tuesday so that would be 3rd November, but in the UK FM2010 is scheduled for release 30th October which falls on a Friday.

also here in italy, game usually release on friday. do you think that is refer to USA?

someone of SI or Sega can answer in this topic??? tonight i don't sleep :(

If you cant sleep because of worrying if a game will be out Monday instead of Friday the i suggest you seek help as you may have deeper, underlying anxiety issues.

However, to calm you down possibly http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002K8Q07M/ref=s9_newr_gw_ir01?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=053DS59XDCSKV6YS78FK&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294 :)

If you cant sleep because of worrying if a game will be out Monday instead of Friday the i suggest you seek help as you may have deeper, underlying anxiety issues.

However, to calm you down possibly http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002K8Q07M/ref=s9_newr_gw_ir01?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=053DS59XDCSKV6YS78FK&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294 :)

ahahah i was joking, of course!!! ;)

i've seen a website that says that the game in Australia will be release 29 October, so i think that the game will be release from 28-29 october...

Could that be because we are about 10 hrs ahead of the UK.

Meaning we will be able to get it on the 30th when it is still the 29th over there.

+ most things are released wednesday/Thursday over here too so that might have something to do with it.

OK, let me explain.

This is a press release for the USA - they're talking about the global release date for the game which is the 30th October. No-one will be releasing prior to that so as it stands and assuming we're all ready, that's when European retail will release. I think it's also when the digital downloads will go live too.

There are a couple of localised cases where we can't release to retail on that day - America being one (our retail partner there, Amazon, ship their games on Monday or Tuesday - so they're saying November 2nd), Australia likely being another (I think the release date there is Wednesday so they'll go November 4th).

I can't confirm release dates at this point for anywhere else but if you're Europe, Aus or America, this is what'll happen.

Read the bottom line of his post again!

i understand that the global release is 30th october, but in Australia and in America, the game will be release few days later. But at the end, i don't understand why he says that he can't confirm the release date...

i understand that the global release is 30th october, but in Australia and in America, the game will be release few days later. But at the end, i don't understand why he says that he can't confirm the release date...

Possibly because the game is still being tested and hasnt reached code lock yet? If they confirmed it 100% as the 30th, and then found something wrong that must need sorting then they will get shot down for failing to deliver.

Possibly because the game is still being tested and hasnt reached code lock yet? If they confirmed it 100% as the 30th, and then found something wrong that must need sorting then they will get shot down for failing to deliver.

ok, fantastic, and of course, if there are problem, the release date will be postponed!!! ;) but at 20 september, the game will be release on 30th, right?

OK, let me explain.

This is a press release for the USA - they're talking about the global release date for the game which is the 30th October. No-one will be releasing prior to that so as it stands and assuming we're all ready, that's when European retail will release. I think it's also when the digital downloads will go live too.

There are a couple of localised cases where we can't release to retail on that day - America being one (our retail partner there, Amazon, ship their games on Monday or Tuesday - so they're saying November 2nd), Australia likely being another (I think the release date there is Wednesday so they'll go November 4th).

I can't confirm release dates at this point for anywhere else but if you're Europe, Aus or America, this is what'll happen.

Wow, so supporters of your game are screwed again in the States because Friday doesn't fit into Amazon's schedule? Pretty sure Amazon had no problem getting Madden out for it's Friday release in the States this year.

Then throw in the fact the game won't be playable until activated (I'll be surprised it that's different than last year) then what difference does it make if Amazon ships out their games on Tues. or Wed. , Oct 27th or 28th? The game gets to US players by Friday in time for activation. So what if they get them Thursday Oct. 29th. It would be no different than Euro players last year that got the disk early and had to wait to activate.

Sorry for the rant but it all really doesn't make sense to me when you are releasing a game that, most likely, won't be playable for anyone until activation goes live Oct 30.

Wow, so supporters of your game are screwed again in the States because Friday doesn't fit into Amazon's schedule? Pretty sure Amazon had no problem getting Madden out for it's Friday release in the States this year.

Then throw in the fact the game won't be playable until activated (I'll be surprised it that's different than last year) then what difference does it make if Amazon ships out their games on Tues. or Wed. , Oct 27th or 28th? The game gets to US players by Friday in time for activation. So what if they get them Thursday Oct. 29th. It would be no different than Euro players last year that got the disk early and had to wait to activate.

Sorry for the rant but it all really doesn't make sense to me when you are releasing a game that, most likely, won't be playable for anyone until activation goes live Oct 30.

You really need to rant at Amazon and not SI to be fair mate.

Maybe. In a nutshell, if it is a week late the what is the problem? We have been waiting for it for months now anyway!

but why there is this pessimism? Matt said that the game, for now, is going out on 30th october, and maybe the release will be on that day!!! the problem is about USA and Australia!

As I said - read the bold...

So if you're outside Europe, Australia or America, I can't confirm. Otherwise, it is confirmed, unless we have a mare somewhere along the way. Not happened yet, touch wood!

screwed again in the States ... won't be playable until activated It would be no different than Euro players last year that got the disk early and had to wait to activate.

1) Stop guessing about the activation - that's not been announced so you're immediately off the mark.

2) We're not trying to screw anyone - we're still working hard to make sure we do better than last year.

3) Of course EA got their landmark American release out for a Friday - you know how? By shipping it on the Monday. We can't match the Friday 30th in the UK in America because the markets work differently - we either release a few days earlier in America and annoy 99% of the people who play the game, in Europe, or America get the game a couple of days later. What would you do? If you can't honestly live with that, I'd recommend the download - it'll never, ever be any better until the day comes when people download all their software - sorry about that...

You really need to rant at Amazon and not SI to be fair mate.

No, not really - Amazon take the game for us when most of US retail isn't interested. They're a good partner and deserve a little patience and a lot of support.

As for the demo - well, most people are right - it comes about two weeks prior to launch. So if it hits in mid-October then the game will probably be there at the end of the month... but we'll announce the demo, too, so just keep your eyes peeled for that...:)

Cheers

Matt

Archived