Mergin Youth and Reserve Squads

Yeah, they won't have anything to do. But you can easily sign them to be a coach or first-team coach. Problem solved.

If you merge the youth and reserve squads, won't you have trouble giving everyone enough playing time?

OK that's a good solution. Regarding your question, I like to keep a generally small squad and I thought that going with just reserves and 1st team would give some of my Youth a good opportunity to get 1st team exposure, which I understand helps their development tremendously. Let me know if you see problems with this...maybe I'm not thinking about it correctly...

OK that's a good solution. Regarding your question, I like to keep a generally small squad and I thought that going with just reserves and 1st team would give some of my Youth a good opportunity to get 1st team exposure, which I understand helps their development tremendously. Let me know if you see problems with this...maybe I'm not thinking about it correctly...

As long as you keep a small squad I think it could work. If the youth players who are in the reserves are performing they could get first team matches under their belt, and while they're in the reserves they would be playing with first teamers who aren't in the first team that week. The latter would help with squad harmony when a youth player goes into the first team permanently: as he's already played with some first teamers he'll know how they play, they'll know how he plays, etc.

It's a good idea. :thup:

Archived