Two tier premier league?

No! No! No!

Abolish the Premier League is the way forward. Division 1, Division 2, Division 3 and Division 4

I totally disagree with you there that wouldnt be the way forward imo. What i might do is make the EPL a 22 team league, add rangers and celtic and create and extra europa league place so top 8 go to europe, depending on F.A. Cup not League cup because im not going to have that on fm2010.

Would this have much of an ingame effect, aside from nomeclature?

Not if you don't change the details.

The game would assume that 'Division 1' was the premier league. However, if you played around with the prize money, and took the ridiculous amounts of money out of football...

...Proper football would return.

It might be interesting to see whether player transfers reduced in frequency, or (hopefully), the values of them decreased as the clubs would have less money

I'd vote for football to go back to divisions 1, 2, 3 and 4 in real life and back to 22 teams in 1 and 2 and 24 in 3 and 4, I actually talk about Norwich being in division 3 now, not League 1, League 1 almosts lets Delia off the hook for just how far she has let us drop with total incompetance.

In fact, when I start a new game on fm10 I am going to change the league names, and like has been said may mess about with the prize money.

The way to go with the money is to bring back the division between the divisions of tv rights money. I believe it was split 50% division 1 with the rest split between the other tree divisions proportionately. This would give the right balance between the top division generating the most of the money earned and allowing the lower divisions to achieve a sound financial footing.

I was thinking about the old firm and their desire to play in England. I was just wondering if anyone knew if it would be possible using the new editor for the winners and runners up of the SPL, which will most likely be Celtic and Rangers, to somehow gain promotion to the BSS.

That seems a very roundabout way of doing it. Why not just add them into the Premier League?

Yeah it probably is but I was just wanting a more interesting and competitive way of them achieving their overall ambition of playing in the english premier league. I see no harm in having them work to further their ambitions.

I was thinking about the old firm and their desire to play in England. I was just wondering if anyone knew if it would be possible using the new editor for the winners and runners up of the SPL, which will most likely be Celtic and Rangers, to somehow gain promotion to the BSS.

I would imagine not. From looking at the videos, the countries in the game still need to have their league system (as you can't edit the number of European qualifiers), and there's no way to set up a promotion that changes league system.

Thats what i am doing, making the EPL 22 teams, making top 8 go to europe (5th and 6th automatic to EC group stage and 7th and 8th qualify, like the top four for the CL)

How are you going to work around this:

Things that you cannot do with the editor

- Continental Competitions cannot be edited (eg. The Champions League)

- The number of places leagues get for continental competitions cannot be edited

I would imagine not. From looking at the videos, the countries in the game still need to have their league system (as you can't edit the number of European qualifiers), and there's no way to set up a promotion that changes league system.

Oh well I guess I'll just have to do it the old way and put them in the BSS by creating an edt file. Before anyone says why not just use the editor I think its easier to create an edt file and then remove this if you want to undo your changes at a later date.

AND it would be Blue Square North anyway

Archived