The very best thing in FM is...

Ackter

...dancing around in the privacy of your own home as the 90+4 goal from Diego Maradona is allowed winning you the Liga Sagres on the final day of the league, even when there were suspicions of hand ball...

Yes I know, I watched it from about 5 angles and it never touched his hand, but the opposition thought it did haha. I love my Argentinian Regen.

...seeing your goalkeeper doing the aeroplane after scoring a penalty :cool:

lol i wish i'd seen that! :D:thup:

love how the game keeps throwing up new things, just when you think you've seen all it has to offer...

.............getting that late winner in the 91st minute after going 10 without a win

............ seeing that late equalizer from your opposition dissallowed for offside to keep your 5 game unbeaten run going and your slim chances of reaching the play-offs alive

The bond with certain players. Feeling very sentimental at the moment at the departure of a player I've had for 16 years, the last survivor of my first league winners (in his debut season for me) and who has signed off with a 10th title after a couple of barren seasons, and has finally reached the World cup which makes for a nice way to finish. Also with other legends and youth developments but its this player who comes to mind. What else can offer an experience like this?

To take your own youth player. Nurture and train and tutor him during 4-5 years until he finally becomes part of your first 11 in age of 21-22, scoring a lot of goals, making consistent average performances rated 7.20 and higher, being selected for U-19, U-21 and then for NT and then watch ManU, Real and others knocking on the door and thinking to yourself that you'd never sell him :)

But I also like the moment when your striker gets a beutiful pass behind opp. defenders, he scores and you see clearly that your player was in offside position. Also opposition defenders saw it and are protesting furiously. But referee counts it as a goal and instead shows opposition player the yellow card for protesting. His second yellow. :)

Archived