More options when asking Ass. Manager to arrange friendlies

As the title says, please, although if it's not done already it might be too late for FM 10.

Why? Because the reserves, especially, do not get enough games unless you manually arrange for friendlies to fill in those weeks when there aren't any reserve matches. This process is tedious and time-consuming and has to be done every season if, for example, you wish to send your first-team players to the reserves until they gain match fitness but have them back at the earliest opportunity. They don't gain match fitness if the reserves are not playing matches.

Options like these would be great in the Team Settings screen -

Ask assistant manager to arrange

(a) 1 friendly a week

(b) 2 friendlies a week

© None

when there are no competitive matches.

I would tick (a) for instance, as default. But would go into Team Settings and tick (b) if I had a very good player recovering from an injury whom I wanted to regain match fitness as soon as possible.

The idea has been suggested before and there was support for it. But I have not heard any news on what SI plans to do regarding it.

Good idea, i play in Italy atm and there's no reserve league so this would be very useful.

An add-on to this would be to choose the type of friendlies you want [could be used for both reserve team and first team], e.g for lower clubs the Money Match option where by he tries get big clubs to come to your club, other options include confidence building with lower league clubs, Attack building where the ass man finds a club with a very strong defence to help improve your teams attacking ability, Defence building the ass man chooses a team with very strong attack to improve your defence.

To further add to the above, I would like an option to arrange pre-season friendlies for the senior team in Brazil. A tour of Brazil or any other country.
I would also like this option!

Not sure if I have understood correctly, but you can already arrange tours of countries, including Brazil, by going to your first team Fixtures screen, clicking on Arrange Friendly, selecting a date, selecting Type: Tour, and Country: whatever you want. Then you select the other 2 dates. I think tours were 3 matches.

That doesn't take too long. My beef is with arranging a friendly every week for the reserves and under-18's for the entire season... every season. When I don't really care who they play, I just want them getting matches. it's something the Ass. Manager should be able to do himself.

Archived