Will Barcelona play like Barcelona?

timmy

To me the ME does not look very much different from FM 2009. Hopefully I am wrong and with a new the ME, tactical setup and shouts we can actually see the effects take place and it is not just a cosmectic changes we are seeing in FM 2010.

If the ME is really good could we make a team like Barcelona play like Barcelona in real life or maybe like how counter attacking Brazil is playing currently? I hope there will be a distinguishing to the way like the way teams play in EPL compared to teams in the lower leagues and also compared to teams play in the Italian, spanish leagues.

Tough job but if anybody could do it then it would be the FM team.

No, that will not happen. That is one of the problems with the "realism" of the game.

My repeated questions if we are going to see better AI and technical gifted players making a difference this year have remained unanswered.

So, this is going to be one more year where the ME remains woefully unrealistic. Maybe it will happen next year.

The AI managers have apparently got access to the tactics wizard too, so that should hopefully make it easier to have simulated clubs playing like their real life counterparts. Obviously we'll have to wait and see how well that works.

In terms of making technically gifted players play like technically gifted players, it's incredibly difficult to do. Certainly in terms of things like passing, off the ball, creativity etc, you are basically having to mathematically define the way players like Messi play football. The match engine has certainly improved in this respect year on year (compare recent versions to the very early ones where physical attributes were utterly dominant), but it's always going to be a slow and steady progression.

Archived