Calculation of UEFA Coefficients is wrong

I am playing in the Serbian League as Red Star and I am trying to make it become a strong league. However my efforts appear to thwarted incorrect calculation of the Serbian UEFA coefficient.

Club Coeffcients

Here it shows in 09/10 Red Star (got to final of UEFA Cup) got 26.000, Partizan got 5.000, but the other teams representing Serbia(Vojvodina, Habitpharm, and Hajduk) that year apparently got 0.000. This is infact impossible as teams competing in Europe get a 33% of the nations coefficents for the year. And as Red Star got a hefty 26 they would have certainly got far more than 0. The same can be said for 08/09.

Nation Coefficients

Now on to the Nation Coefficients. Serbia is in 22nd place on 14.875. However after going through the results of the Serbian teams in Europe I calculated that the coefficients should be 29.625!

Does anyone know of a fix for this as I would much like my Serbian brothers to be rewarded for the good work they have done on the pitch.

I got all my information about how coefficients are worked out from this site

I am playing in the Serbian League as Red Star and I am trying to make it become a strong league. However my efforts appear to thwarted incorrect calculation of the Serbian UEFA coefficient.

Club Coeffcients

Here it shows in 09/10 Red Star (got to final of UEFA Cup) got 26.000, Partizan got 5.000, but the other teams representing Serbia(Vojvodina, Habitpharm, and Hajduk) that year apparently got 0.000. This is infact impossible as teams competing in Europe get a 33% of the nations coefficents for the year. And as Red Star got a hefty 26 they would have certainly got far more than 0. The same can be said for 08/09.

Nation Coefficients

Now on to the Nation Coefficients. Serbia is in 22nd place on 14.875. However after going through the results of the Serbian teams in Europe I calculated that the coefficients should be 29.625!

Does anyone know of a fix for this as I would much like my Serbian brothers to be rewarded for the good work they have done on the pitch.

I got all my information about how coefficients are worked out from this site

I think I've seen this problem before, and once again for Serbia. I think it only affects Serbia, and should sort itself out within a few seasons. There may be a fix without having to wait it out, but I don't know of it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

would coefficients increases up the quality and rep of the league, or am i way off here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not coefficients directly, but team's performance in Europe would improve League Standard which dictates regen quality. League Reputation however remains the same - it is a fixed variable.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nelsonmcjones:

According to the calculations on the site you referred to teams need to get to the group stages of th CL and the first round of the UC to get any points. (see West Ham's foray into Europe 06/07 for e.g.) Did Hajduk etc... get through qualifying? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is incorrect. In 06/07 Gretna were eliminated in the second qualifying round for the UEFA Cup and so got no points themselves, but did infact still get the 2.2275 points from the nation coefficient.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by canvey!!:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

would coefficients increases up the quality and rep of the league, or am i way off here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not coefficients directly, but team's performance in Europe would improve League Standard which dictates regen quality. League Reputation however remains the same - it is a fixed variable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh right, i think it should also change the rep, if the standard improved it would push the rep of the league up a bit irl.

the uefa coefficients basically changes the number of teams each leauge (meaning country here not the acutal league) gets into european cups the higher your country is in the coefficients rating the more teams they get into europe, i have just taken on N.Ireland to try and raise the coefficients there so its going to be a long hard pull to get them up to the top, but if your winning the uefa cup/european(champions league) cup every year, or making it to knock out stages then your club rep will increase and you will be able to sign top players even if your leage sucks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by passtheremote:

the uefa coefficients basically changes the number of teams each leauge (meaning country here not the acutal league) gets into european cups the higher your country is in the coefficients rating the more teams they get into europe, i have just taken on N.Ireland to try and raise the coefficients there so its going to be a long hard pull to get them up to the top, but if your winning the uefa cup/european(champions league) cup every year, or making it to knock out stages then your club rep will increase and you will be able to sign top players even if your leage sucks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You in particular, but all those involved in this thread may want to read

THIS

after the first few posts, it goes into detail about how the league standard / rep works.

Archived