Amazing starts to management career

Rebs

Hello everybody - just had to report an amazing start to a new management save I started the other day.

After playing a 30 year career save I decided it was about time to start a new one with a 3rd party update for the new transfers.

I set myself as having an international player reputation but started unemployed - the game has the top 2 divisions from England, Italy, Spain, Holland, Germany, France and Portugal loaded.

I decided to start unemployed and wait for a big, decent club to come in for me - it took 6 months before I got a club I was happy to manage - Liverpool...Benitez had gone off to manage Inter.

I joined during the middle of the Jan window and signed up Oscar Cardozo, Gonzalo Hugain (not sure of spelling there!) and Renato Augusto. I shifted a few squad players out but no-one major.

By the end of the season I had won the League Cup (Benitez had already got them to the final for me!), the FA Cup and the Champs League title (amazed at that cos Cardoza and Hugain were cuptied).

The squad seemed to gel quickly and I also finished 4th (when I joined they were in 5th place but they were well off any points total from the top 3).

Just wondered if anyone else had had any other great success like this in such a short space of time?

Was that from the start of the season mate?

I only started this cos I've never took over a team (Liverpool...so a big team I know) halfway thru the season and done so well!

I started a game with Real Madrid once, won 4 champs league in a row, 3 league titles and countless other trophys. Anyway thats not my story.

In the 5th season my game crashed so had to go back to a earlier save which was half a year back, so i decided to take this opportunity to take a new challenge. I left madrid to await a new job, I was soon offered the West Ham position, which i took.

West Ham at this time are like they are now a mid table club. After a few free signings and good buys i finished the season 4th, the season after we unluckly finished 5th, the next season we really took off finished 2nd, won the uefa cup and reached fa cup final. The season after we took the league, champions league, fa cup and league cup. Season 5 we have just had a board take over and now have loads of money aswell so the future is bright.

Not quite from the start of a save but still...On 07 I got promoted with Verona to Serie A after only 3 games, admitedly I had joined just before the play-offs (having finished the season with my old club, in those days I tried to walk just before I was pushed) but if the OP can claim the league cup with only the final to play then I can claim this. Also, on 05, took over Braga in the Portuguese league in November/December with them in the relegation zone (when it as 3 down from 18) and had them in europe at the end of the season.

Archived