Possible to turn club Pro from Semi Pro?

it depends on which country/league youre managing in. usually a decent bank balance, or promotion to a certain level in that country will change the clubs status to "professional" for example, usually in England, promotion to league 2 is sufficient. in other countries its a lot different. when i managed in Hong Kong (on fm08), with only one league playable, it wasnt until the bank balance was over £1m, and all my players were on full-time contracts that the chairman decided to turn us professional...

Thanks for the responses.

I will try an experiment.

I just started managing Hyde in the Blue Square North. I offered players full-time contracts and terminated contracts for those who refused full-time for any reason. I will see if the chairman decides to put club as full-time.

OT: I am really awaiting FM10 especially the data editor. I can finally add the Maltese (Malta) league to the game.

I just started managing Hyde in the Blue Square North. I offered players full-time contracts and terminated contracts for those who refused full-time for any reason. I will see if the chairman decides to put club as full-time.

OT: I am really awaiting FM10 especially the data editor. I can finally add the Maltese (Malta) league to the game.

you may be lucky, but i doubt that youll turn pro before getting into league 2. players arent usually much of a problem to get onto full-time contracts, its the staff. i always find they wont accept full-time terms until the club actually changes.

A club will turn full time depending on reputation mostly, although finances also play a part.

Giving players FT contracts will not, although it makes getting promotion (and hence rep increase) much easier

Archived