Is this a bit excessive or something that could work?

Turn off relegation from League 2 to BSP and make it so that it (it being non-league football) replicates the format of league football so Prem, Champ, L1, L2 and this would make them (non-league teams) more competitive etc.

Also scrap all the Football Leagues in England and place 92 clubs in 1 league that takes place over 5 years, the winner gets £1 billion to compensate for all the wages etc paid, and it gets scaled down.

The only issue is I feel that with 184 matches a season a red card should be worth a 15 match ban. Would that be excessive or okay considering the extended season?

Also how would Europe work because the season would finish every 5 years so would it be possible to have the Top 4 teams from default (United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool) represent England for the 5 years?

If anyone could give their own opinion (and rate my ideas) it would be of great help to me in my attempt to make the greatest league ever.

See below if you were confused about the Non-League format

formatq.jpg

I worked out that 3/38 = 0.0789... So 0.0789...x184 = 14.5263... so 15 matches seems about right

EDIT: Hopefully I can do this, if possible I'd get rid of all draws, penalty shootout at the end of the match.

EDIT#2: 2 points per win, just to keep the league closer.

Reading it, for some reason i thought you were on about real-life. :D "LUNATIC" was going to be my response. Then i caught on. ;)

The new league editor will be really interesting i think. The most obvious idea is to create a Super League of course, but ideas like this are things i've thought of before myself. Having one huge league will be... interesting.

Reading it, for some reason i thought you were on about real-life. :D "LUNATIC" was going to be my response. Then i caught on. ;)

The new league editor will be really interesting i think. The most obvious idea is to create a Super League of course, but ideas like this are things i've thought of before myself. Having one huge league will be... interesting.

In real-life it would get so boring. In a game I think it could be fun, I always get bored after 3 seasons or so, this would keep me interested longer. Also it would prove who the best team in England is. Imagine Chelsea going down to Aldershot (Hampshire) mid-week and then having to travel to Bradford on the weekend, it would take it's toll.

There is no need to increase the ban length for red cards because there are more chances to get one, for example if you got a red every 2 games then:

19/38 = 57 game ban = 1.5 season length ban

92/184 = 276 game ban = 1.5 season length ban, with your idea it was a 1380 game ban which is 7.5 seasons long. No idea why you thought you'd need increase ban length.

Otherwise interesting but probably impossible.

There is no need to increase the ban length for red cards because there are more chances to get one, for example if you got a red every 2 games then:

19/38 = 57 game ban = 1.5 season length ban

92/184 = 276 game ban = 1.5 season length ban, with your idea it was a 1380 game ban which is 7.5 seasons long. No idea why you thought you'd need increase ban length.

Otherwise interesting but probably impossible.

Mainly just to give me a laugh. I had scaled it down from a 100 match ban to 15 matches. It'd teach them not to get sent off.

On the tutorial video it said that you can choose the number of rounds and the start/finish date so I see no reason for not being able to have a 5 year season.

My belief in this would be that it means choosing the start date during the year, for example some leagues start in January, not a 5 year long season.

Archived