FM2010 blogs - no.13

I'am really gald that you guys are taking notice of some of the small features that are in the game. I think that if you improve lots of small features it will mean a big change overall, and a better experience. I'am looking forward to the podcast aswell !

Interesting to see the 'Feeder Clubs' have been looked at.

Regarding 'Commercial' Feeder Clubs, is there anything different in FM10 to FM09? Things such as touring the US, China or Japan, signing players from the nation of your Feeder Club had little or no effect in FM09, but i hope it's been looked at for FM10.

Now that the podcasts are about to start does this mean that there will no longer be any blogs? I only ask because I am not really a fan of the podcasts and don't plan on listening. If there are to be no more blogs then I'll just keep reading the posts here and hope that someone mentions any new features.

• SI Staff
Now that the podcasts are about to start does this mean that there will no longer be any blogs? I only ask because I am not really a fan of the podcasts and don't plan on listening. If there are to be no more blogs then I'll just keep reading the posts here and hope that someone mentions any new features.
r

Blogs will be (as long as nothing unforeseen happens) every weekday up until the demo comes out.

Podcasts are every 2 weeks, and are likely to continue after the game is out.

As for those asking questions that aren't on the particular topic, can I please ask you not to? We'll answer what we can as long as it's in the right place.

I know that not all the editor questions have been answered in those threads, but that's because I'm not the right person to answer them. I haven't spent enough time with the editor to be in the position to. They will get answered, but everyone is really busy at the moment, so please be patient :thup:

"A nice little touch in Football Manager 2010 is that if you declare interest in a job, and then attend a match by the club where you have interest, much in real life the media focus will fall on you being there. It will also be noticed by the supporters and the board of your prospective new club (and your own!) so the reaction of the fans and board could help, or hinder, your chances of getting the job."

Love this.

I have a question for Miles.

Was the bug with "1 striker, 1 ofensive midfielder behind him" fixed this time around ?

I've posted it after I think the 2006 release, and the last FM release, and it still wasn't fixed.

This bug just kills the beauty of watching 4-2-3-1 formation in action.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=43055

ps. Keep up the good work.

Was the bug with "1 striker, 1 ofensive midfielder behind him" fixed this time around ?

I've posted it after I think the 2006 release, and the last FM release, and it still wasn't fixed.

Stop doing this, its very tiresome

I like the feature were you can attend matches involving teams your interested in taking over, but I would like the same feature for players your interested in if schedules don't clash.

For example instead of 'declare your interest' you could choose 'watch next game' then if your own fixture doesn't clash you could watch the full game that he's involved in. Media could pick up your at the game and speculation could start etc

I like the feature were you can attend matches involving teams your interested in taking over, but I would like the same feature for players your interested in if schedules don't clash.

For example instead of 'declare your interest' you could choose 'watch next game' then if your own fixture doesn't clash you could watch the full game that he's involved in. Media could pick up your at the game and speculation could start etc

i love this idea!!!!

like last season in RL where martin oneill was almost at every game at ER watching fabian delph :)

slight over exaggeration with almost every game :p

but yeah great idea mate

This already happens.

As for those asking questions that aren't on the particular topic, can I please ask you not to? We'll answer what we can as long as it's in the right place.

Hi Miles,

Hope this question won't be considered too "out of place" : in the new features about feeder clubs, will it be possible to ask the board to find a club within a country ?

For example, I'm looking for any type of affiliation (let's keep it simple) with a club in Belgium -> could the board look for potential affiliated clubs in Belgium only ?

Good luck with the work left to do ;)

Miles, has anything changed with the Commercial Feeder Clubs? ie. how they generate you Merchandise sales? There was suggestions of club tours of the Far East, signing Asian players etc, have any of those been implemented for Feeder Clubs?

I like the sound of all of the features described in the blog post, but I'm worried that the conferences are going to be just as boring. If you constantly send your assistant, what's the point in having them? I was hoping that section would have an overhaul as so many people dislike it.

Lukair can you please shut up?

Thank you. That's very nice.

I haven't insulted anyone just so you know, just being persistent with ONE single question.

This bug exists since 2006, and it's still there in 2009, and I was hoping for some official response.

I guess "shut up" will have to cut it. Thanks for advertising the game so well.

This Post is getting spammed around like the clappers - if anyone understands it can they please reply so I dont have to read it AGAIN!

So, another question.

The Press Conferences were quite useless in the last game. Most of the time didn't recognize the situation at hand and asking random or repeated questions most of the time.

Will they be changed this year?

''For those who have played our previous games, you'll already know how deep we go into news and media in the game''

really? sorry, but based on my experience with FM09 I cant agree with that; i thought the media side was terrible, it could be a great addition to the game so I'm really looking forward to seeing the improvements that are planned, but if FM09's media is considered ''deep'' I cant say I hold out much hope for press conferences etc in FM10 :(

Hi Miles,

Hope this question won't be considered too "out of place" : in the new features about feeder clubs, will it be possible to ask the board to find a club within a country ?

For example, I'm looking for any type of affiliation (let's keep it simple) with a club in Belgium -> could the board look for potential affiliated clubs in Belgium only ?

Good luck with the work left to do ;)

Any chance i would have an answer (from SI preferably) ? :(

Any chance i would have an answer (from SI preferably) ? :(

It's been claimed previously that in current FM games doing a tour through a country previously might increase the chances of getting offered a feeder there.

Archived