Adebayor.

mr8kc

not based on one match.did he not headbutt bendtner in a match.

Anyone who wears pink boots even once deserves to be headbutted.

There are far dirtier players around than Adebeyor and over the years Arsenal have had a few of them in their own team, funny how its okay for Henry to run down the pitch and celebrate in front of the Spurs fans.

There is noway Adebeyor should have the stats the OP has said.

Dont think its really fair to be changing attributes to such an extreme value. What about all the matches he has played without incident? I feel its only fair that these are taken into consideration and both sides of the argument adequately examined to ensure fairness and an accurate portrayal of the attributes.

I don't think he's particularly dirty, but he definitely is very unprofessional and disloyal. His idiotic comments about Milan, his badge kissing in a friendly after trying to get himself sold all summer long, his comments slagging off Arsenal fans and the obvious fact that he couldn't be bothered after he got his payday are pretty obvious clues.

He still has the mentality of playing in an Arsenal team - the difference now is that he will be punished by referees and the FA. It's a difficult lesson to learn when you move from the cotton-wool wrapped big four teams - you have to play by the rules. Maybe one day he will be as polite, humble and sporting as RVP.

So, lower decisions slightly?

Finally, a sensible suggestion.

I think everyone needs to take a step back and look at the whole thing. What he did to RVP wasn't right by any means, and he deserved to be banned for that. However, I think he had every right to celebrate in front of the Arsenal fans. Those were the people who were chanting about his mother being a whore, his father washing elephants for a living, and saying that he and his family deserved to die of cancer. Its not like Adebayor entered the stands sending profanities and fists a'flying. No, what he did was to kneel down in front of them, boo hoo.

There was some bad blood between Adebayor than the Fans, whether that was his fault or Arsenal's is still to be decided, but if he was able to dispel that by a 90 yard sprint and a short slide then good on him.

I think everyone needs to take a step back and look at the whole thing. What he did to RVP wasn't right by any means, and he deserved to be banned for that. However, I think he had every right to celebrate in front of the Arsenal fans. Those were the people who were chanting about his mother being a whore, his father washing elephants for a living, and saying that he and his family deserved to die of cancer. Its not like Adebayor entered the stands sending profanities and fists a'flying. No, what he did was to kneel down in front of them, boo hoo.

There was some bad blood between Adebayor than the Fans, whether that was his fault or Arsenal's is still to be decided, but if he was able to dispel that by a 90 yard sprint and a short slide then good on him.

Those fans pay to watch the match and without them players wouldn't earn such a good living. Now it's not alright to hurl abuse at players, or anyone, but players have no right to react to name calling by inciting large groups of supporters. Footballers are supposed to be professional sportsman and they should be setting an example to kids who watch them, hence they should behave in a professional way and running across a pitch on TV to **** off fans is not acceptable. Whether he shouts back abuse or runs across a pitch to celebrate in front of them is irrelevant, both actions amount to the same result, it's provocative.

What if every player out there reacted to name calling and chanting? Not a game would go by where a fight didn't break out.

I am not sure the 90-yard dash was advisable. I think he excuse was pretty poor... "Emotion took over me for 2-3 seconds". It took him a lot longer than that to run the length of the field! He must have realise at some point it was not a good idea.

Those fans pay to watch the match and without them players wouldn't earn such a good living. Now it's not alright to hurl abuse at players, or anyone, but players have no right to react to name calling by inciting large groups of supporters. Footballers are supposed to be professional sportsman and they should be setting an example to kids who watch them, hence they should behave in a professional way and running across a pitch on TV to **** off fans is not acceptable. Whether he shouts back abuse or runs across a pitch to celebrate in front of them is irrelevant, both actions amount to the same result, it's provocative.

What if every player out there reacted to name calling and chanting? Not a game would go by where a fight didn't break out.

Don't agree with this at all, it was barely touching incitefull. A celebration of pure showmanship which a bunch of immature fans couldn't handle.

Van Persie's celebration in many eyes could be seen as bad... celebrating (and alledged swearing) in front the city fans from a much closer distance than Ade. Add to that he could have gone to the Arsenal fans at the same end and celebrated with them, but chose not to... how is that any different?

As far as inciting a riot... ban Arsenal fans from away games for 3 matches, dock them points, make them play behind closed doors etc. It's THEIR fault they can dish it but not take it.

What example are the fans who started throwing things setting to kids, it swings both ways.

I think this holds a little less weight when you think about the many many games where fans have sang about Adebayor's parents. Tottenham home and away. City games. Chelsea games. Fulham games. He managed not to go the length of the field in these in the face of this provocation.

He should not have celebrated the way he did and the Arsenal fans should not have been baiting him. But he should not be reacting in a different way just because these are the fans giving abuse used to pay his wages and are dishing it out based on his lack of loyalty.

What a load of wishy washy rubbish. Parents are supposed to set an example for kids, not footballers and if their children are thick enough to follow a footballers lead, then the parents are obviously useless. Do you think wee Jimmy is going to follow in Adebayor's footsteps or his dad's, one acted like a tit, the other might have been throwing bananas at a black man.

Archived