A different way to negotiate

obviously i know that contract negotiations for new/existing players is usually a task undertaken by the chairman, however in FM we, the manager, negotiate the contracts via email, and then the agent will email back saying whether the offer is acceptable or not. i think id much prefer to be "sat in the room with the player/" and given a 1 or 2 minute timeslot in which a deal will could be thrashed out, if a satisfactory conclusion isnt reached then we could choose to reschedule or not depending on how far away the agreement seems to be. this could also be implemented when trying to agree a transfer fee. then maybe another feature to add realism is to take a new big name signing into a press conference with you where both the player and yourself could be asked questions regarding the players role ect ect. this is my first post so im not sure if this has been discussed lots before i did have a quick check but saw nothing. are these ideas anyone else would like to see in the game?

thanks

Nice idea. I think it would be better for contracts rather than the transfer fees though, as these are normally done via fax/email in real life.

I *hate* press conferences. It seems like each question is loaded with potential for bad and not an awful lot of good. I wish they would go away - the same as I feel about team talks :o)

Archived