A way to list players as not wanted

After a couple of seasons with a team my shortlist holds an impressing amount of names and not because I actually have an interest in 85% of them. The reason they are there is to tell me I have checked them out already so I don't have to go through every player everytime I go look for something new. This system works but it is getting rather annoying to get the inbox flooded with messages about players I don't really care about. I would really like an option to mark a player as no way I would ever look at this player again as he is completly rubbish and maybe make his name highlight in red or something.

Yes but I also wont see that I have already checked that player. As I usually play in lower leagues with small clubs I usually go through the players with contracts expiring or already expired every couple of months to see if there is anything new. If I remove players from the shortlist I would have to go through them all again and again as there is no way to remember which players I have looked at and deemed not good enough. One way is to get scout reports I guess and then you see the starrating even if the player is no longer on the shortlist. The limited numbers of scouts you usually have at your disposal at lower levels makes it a bad option though as you actually would want your scouts to look at players you might actually be interested in.

could you create a "non-active" shortlist, and move the players youve checked out, but arent interested in onto that. that way you still have a record but you shouldnt get linked to them or get news items about em...

Nickname them, also if you don't clear the scout reports on them, I believe they stay for as long as the scout is at the club.

Would look kinda cute with players named Rubbish xx. Not an option that I'm fond of but I guess it could work, but it would be a lot more work than just putting them on a list. Not all the players have scoutreports as I don't usually scout players that I find lacking too much in keyareas.

Would a player still highlight in yellow if you make an inactive shortlist to put them on? Don't you have to switch shortlists to put a player on one?

I'm grateful for the ideas but I have tried a lot of them and found them lacking.

Another thing I would like is when you get a newsitem about a player it would be nice if the scouts' starratings would show if you have scoutreports on them.

The players on a non-active shortlist dont (iirc) show up as highlighted in searches, nor do you get and news items about them. Its simply a way of storing some names in a list.

if you created one, you can "move" players there indefinitely and either leave them on your main s/l or remove them from it. it would maybe help a little bit, as then, on player searches, if you right click on a player, the option would be there to remove from shortlist, even if they arent highlighted.

• 3 weeks later...

It is the highlighting I'm after. I don't want rumours or other news about them but I want their names to show in colour, so I know that I have discarded them when I look at my player search. One thing that springs to mind at the moment is the possibility to colour the names of players in some simple way. Wouldn't mind a rightclick menu with a few colors in and then you can decide what you want to use them for yourself. And I would also like the highlighting to show up in newsitems.

If you use a scout then when you are doing a player search the 'stars' will show up next to his name.

This is how I do it - I get a scout to scout a player - if hes any good, leave him on the list, if hes not, I take him off. Even when hes been taken off the list, if I go player searching again, I will see a star(s) against his name and know not to bother looking at him again.

One scout can scout about 5-10 players every 1-3 days. Ive had one scout give me scout reports on almost 2000 players in a year (And it could have been far more - I just got bored with setting all the players for him to scout to be honest)

I dont know about costs - I dont know if you will have to pay for all that scouting - its never been an issue for the clubs I manage.

Maybe FM10 will solve the problem, though I cannot see that we will be able to distinguish within our shortlist.

Might it be possible to create a separate shortlist which is not classed as a shortlist by the game (thus no messages) by using the create shortlist feature? Never use it, so don't know, just guessing.

It is the highlighting I'm after. I don't want rumours or other news about them but I want their names to show in colour, so I know that I have discarded them when I look at my player search. One thing that springs to mind at the moment is the possibility to colour the names of players in some simple way. Wouldn't mind a rightclick menu with a few colors in and then you can decide what you want to use them for yourself. And I would also like the highlighting to show up in newsitems.

You can put them on inactive shortlist than when you are going to make your usual player checking, make the shortlist active for a while. After you have seen what you want, you make the list inactive and play next couple of months.

You can put them on inactive shortlist than when you are going to make your usual player checking, make the shortlist active for a while. After you have seen what you want, you make the list inactive and play next couple of months.

That's what I tried to say too :thup:;)

Archived