your age for playing FM

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm exactly the same although I played CM1 for around a week at a mates which got me into it.

A friend of mine had an installed CM1 (I think) on PC but no installation discs (this was pre internet and internet piracy remember!) I remember trying to zip up the game folder and then "span" the zip file accross 3.5" floppy disks before taking it home and trying to get it to work. From memory, it did work but was really unstable and I didn't play it that much / at all. CM2 96/97 got me into the game, it had a really cool magnetic cardboard CD sleeve/case with an instruction manual that sat in the sleeve.

Oh yeah and "BBC's Clive Tyldesley" did some shocking audio commentary during the matches. Used to take forever to get through a game with that turned on!

36,been playing since the 1st amiga release and still enjoying it!

Aye. Same here. 30 now and have been playing since the original Domark release. Do you remember it having hundreds of "Chamberlains" in it? I loved being only able to use the fictional players. Made for a very taxing game.

26 - Been there from the start

Scary to think what % of my life has been consumed by CM/FM - I even remember me and my mate used to spend chemistry lessons writing out formations and comparing our teams :)

Haha, I did that in business studies with my mates, needless to say i failed that course....

32, started when it came out on the Amiga and been hooked since! At least this thread shows I aint the only one....was getting concerned I was being immature still playing a computer game at my age....sayign that, I do still play a PS3 too now!! Not something I mention in a pub or to women tho!! (all ex's have hated FM/Champ)!!

I'd like to see the average age - coz alot more 'older' folk play it than I expected!!

Archived