Promotion requirements

When FM2010 comes out I plan to activate all tiers I can from Wales. It gets all rather complicated in the lower league structures. One thing, and I am sure it isn't unique to Wales, is that a team may finish 1st in a promotion spot but not meet the qualifications needed. They are denied promotion, and the team finishing 2nd get the opportunity. I am not sure what the regulations are - stadium requirements or something.

Is there going to be a way to implement this in FM2010? I think it'd be interesting to be on the negative side and the positive - finish in 2nd and get promoted... Any plans to have this in future?

I agree Welsh football is having difficulty drawinmg fans - that's why the FAW are talking of moving some internationals away from tjhe Millenium stadium. Just a few years back there were attendances higher than any other European team.

The welsh league is one of the lowest quality ones out there, but I'd love to play in it on FM and change that for one team at least.

I'm not 100% sure of the regulations... Still the question I posed remains unanswered.

I think it's obvious that there would be no such rule which prevents teams from promotion. Just think of how many variables the game should look at before deciding what to do.

Regarding the stadium issue, i think most likely the board will expand your stadium or simply you'll play on a different arena. (this seems more logical to me)

For next season, for any club to gain entry to the Welsh Prem they must have a minimum of 1000 seats. I think that its up from 500 this season.

I agree though that the WPL is one of the lowest leagues, standard wise. But it's fun to play and I was looking at activiating the lowest levels aswell, so maybe we could get our heads together and do it properly.

Also, as from next season the WPL is being cut to 12 teams. Does anyone know if this has been put into the game?

Yeah if people want to work on creating a good welsh league for FM2010 we can work together. If there was a way to get the editor before release it would be great.

I've never done editing before or the research necessary but as a supporter of Cwmbran Celtic in division 2 I'd certainly make the effort.

Anyone interested should contact me via email kidaamnesiac AT gmail DOT com so we can see where to start.

Diolch

Oh and also as for the requirements for stadiums... Surely it can't be that hard for the game to see if you have that many seats yet and give promotion to you or the next team accordingly? If any SI guys read this thread, will there be a way in the new editor to add this?

i would be interesting in playing the lower welsh league's if the teams are semi pro not amateur i play in N.Ireland alot so hope people add 1 or 2 to the league's

It will be easy to change to semi-pro.

Regarding stadium requirements, I may be wrong but I though SI have a rule coded that the stadium automatically gets expended to permit promotion. Your club gets billed though!

Archived