Turkey unfair

rich74

How do the turkish fa get away with these rules of having only 8 non turkish players in the sqaud....surely it is againts eu laws... i understand that it must help the home grown players.....but i think it is wrong this aint the 1980s i know that it must effect the big teams in turkey i belive if these rules were to be scraped the likes of fenerbace n galatasaray would be much stronger in europe....look at porto the other nite only 3 portuguese players in there team any suprise they have won the champs league recently

i dont see why people feel that leagues are trying to be racist. its not like they are rejecting players on their nationality. its just a simple rule to help promote homegrown talent. you could find an arguement for every league having some sort of rules about how many homegrown or non eu players they are allowed. and the porto team that won the champs league had about 9,10 players that were all from portugal.and a portugese coach

Turkish players is stating foreign status in Europa. This make things difficult. For example after the 2002 world cup, barcelona sign rüstü recber for 10M €. And then they sign ronaldinho. As you know, la liga rules doesn't let more then 3 foreign players. So barcelona dismissed Rüştü Reçber. If the rules let turkish players playing in europa as EU players, ( without work permition or not foreign status ) The Federation of Turkey can be more optimistic about number of foreign players.

Vitor Baia, Paulo Ferreira, Jorge Costa, Ricardo Carvalho, Nuno Valente, Francisco Costinha, Maniche Ribeiro, Pedro Mendes, Deco Souza, Derlei Silva, Carlos Alberto

That was the Porto starting line up that won the champions league there is a few more than 3 Portuguese players in that team. That's right 9 of them are Portuguese and 2 Brazilians also 4 of the 7 on the bench were Portuguese, so them having only 3 the other night had no bearing on them winning the champions league.

Its not racist its just promoting homegrown players, racist would be if they stopped all foreign players from coming into the country. Brazil only allow 3 foreign players and look how good that has made their national team over the years.

I personally think limiting the number of foreign players is a good idea, and in Turkey's case (although their clubs are not the most formidable) we saw how good they were in the Euro's.

On the one hand, I would like to see more home grown players in the Premiership, but the harsh reality is that many foreign players are better and more entertaining to watch.

Archived