When to admit defeat and leave...

joey6

Currently managing Man City, lost previous 2 league campaigns to Arsenal in the last 8 games of each season. This season, however, 30 games gone and im leading by 5 points, If I fail to win the title this year, should I admit defeat and quit gracefully?

Guest Von Scharpling

It's hardly like your club is a sinking ship. If you're close then you've got to try, try, try again and then success will be even sweeter

I was like this with Blackburn, I had finised 2nd, 3rd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd before I finnaly beat Arsenal to it. The season I won it, it was by 10 points as well. Keep at it.

I've found it easier on my 2nd career game with Everton as I have the update and Arsenal and Man Utd have been weakened, Man City are my closest challengers now. They always start the season well (16 straight wins last time) but tail off for me to nick it at the end. 4 titles in a row now :)

Thats the hole enjoyment of the game for me, when i have a challenge on my hand, and if i am coming close to winning something and keep missing out, i will continue until i succeed and when i do then the achievement feels even better then winning it straight out on the first attempt.

Keep at it :thup:

TBH, Im not quitting this game until I win THE BIG ONE, ive won the Champions League, but thats easier to win than the Premiership, that is the holy grail of football managers, CL is just money.

Also, when you stay at a club for too long, you lose knowledge of the game i feel, but moving to another club would enhance tactical knowledge and return to the Prem later.

Keep at it

I am expecting the bullet soon .............as MAN UTD I am on a 3 game losing streak

2-1 away to Arse

2-1 home to Real

3-2 Villa HOME AGAIN!!!!

12 played only won 7 and no clean sheets

The knives are out I am hoping for a good run or else

fail17-2.jpg

fail.jpg

Never give in, I didn't. ;)

Thats good to see!!

I am currently having a horrible save as Man Utd, just cant get close to Man City and Arsenal....planning on saving up money for a few seasons....and try and buy their best players off them - coz buying the best I can get (some class players) I just cant keep up.

And WTF is it about Villa - they are my bogey team, past meetings 13....how many have I won...2?!!!

I started off as Man city manager as well and in 5 seasons won cups, improved the squad no end but just coul not win the League( I know) so when Juventus came in for me, I joined them and seem to have a better chance with them of winning the league(As long as Milan slip up lol).

It seems I am a expect at winning cups but not leagues. I'm not saying I have never won any leagues because I have but on my current save, it's all about the cups this time.

It's a strange game sometimes.

On one of my longest game saves, I got attatched to a Scottish team call Berwick, got them to League 1 no further movement, never any decent funds during the whole run, I had to move on. That was around 8-10 seasons. I retired. First time I did it, just had to move on. I usually just await the sack. But on this occasion I did.

Archived