New referee?

Or just sack all bar 2 of them, 1 on the pitch with an earphone and one sitting at the side of the pitch with a TV feed of the game.

Problem completely solved.

I think we should keep three officials and just use technology to see if the ball has gone over the goal line. Too much use of video will slow the game down and it makes the game more interesting when refs make make the odd gaff.

Or just sack all bar 2 of them, 1 on the pitch with an earphone and one sitting at the side of the pitch with a TV feed of the game.

Problem completely solved.

Only top level games have got tv cameras watching from all angles, league 1 downwards and even many top level games in other countries don't have the myriad of cameras and tv screens to show replays on, maybe this is why FIFA / UEFA would sooner implement extra officials than go down the tv replay route.

In cricket I think only international games have a 'third umpire' not county cricket etc so maybe football could do something similar...

Only top level games have got tv cameras watching from all angles, league 1 downwards and even many top level games in other countries don't have the myriad of cameras and tv screens to show replays on, maybe this is why FIFA / UEFA would sooner implement extra officials than go down the tv replay route.

In cricket I think only international games have a 'third umpire' not county cricket etc so maybe football could do something similar...

You don't even get a myriad of angles in the Championship...

Other leagues don't have fully qualified referees, or impartial linesmen, or a fourth official.

Archived