Player Personality of Unsporting?

My top player is the focus of my team he has won world player of the year aswell as numberous other european and world player awards. His personlity is Unsporting I know this means that his hidden sporting attribute must be extremely low but are there any other effects. His discipline is pretty good he doesn't get booked very often so how does this personality effect the way he performs.

Maybe it's teamworking statistic. Just a guess though.

Maybe he is a more of a selfish player. I've always considered 'Unsporting' to be not playing by the rules, or the ref's not looking, a dirty little player. Maybe unsporting does have other permitations, such as a player who dives a lot, doesn't play for the team. Only plays to get the recieve the ball not win it. For team gain.

Where as a vicious tackler. Is what I would of thought to be not so disciplined a player. Could be that.

I doubt it can be teamwork he bags 20 plus assists a season and has quite a high teamwork stat.

I guess its just more like you said a dirty little player maybe jumping into the tackle and stuff, it doesn't bother me what he is like as long as he plays as well as he has but I was just curious.

As you've already pointed out it Acid it means he has a very low hidden attribute - Sporting.

As for how this affects the ME I have no idea but maybe picking up more cards, giving away more fouls etc.

However with an Unsporting personality I'm fairly sure you can identify that he doesn't have a high level of Loyalty/Professionalism/Determination etc. In fact to get "Unsporting" I think a lot of the other hidden attributes need to be fairly central - Maybe check Lyssien's guide.

It just means he has the lowest possible Sportsmanship rating, I think.

But yeah, by process of elimination, it means he doesn't have exceptionally high professionalism, ambition, determination, etc.

(If he's been World Player of the Year, I wouldn't sweat it - he's obviously not doing too much wrong)

Not found personality to have any major affect on a players performance

This, it has some but generally just affects how they get on with the rest of the squad.

It will increase the chances of him diving, putting the ball out and so forth, also getting into fights.

Maybe I shouldn't avoid the unsporting players as soon as I read that from the scout report it's on to the next screen. Silly me I might missing out on a few real gems, just because I am after a better character of football player for my team. I am quite possily missing out on the determinned winners that I so need.

What is strange is he does have a lot of loyalty when I was finishing 10th in the prem he won world player of the year. Attracting a lot of rumours about leaving he is entering his 10 season at the club and still has never requested to leave or shown an interest in leaving. Then again that could be a lack of ambition maybe.

I agree with CP I have never found player personality to have an affect on a player.

Cougar, you may not be right as a player can be several personalities but only one listed.

For instance a player may be both loyal and unsporting but only listed as unsporting, look at Lyssiens guide or the coaches reports which can give a clue to their other personalty traits

Cougar, you may not be right as a player can be several personalities but only one listed.

For instance a player may be both loyal and unsporting but only listed as unsporting, look at Lyssiens guide or the coaches reports which can give a clue to their other personalty traits

I know but, without looking, I think Unsporting is towards the bottom and preference is given to the other personality traits.

Thank you kindly Cougar2010 :thup:

I should read fellow FM'ers guides more often on here, I do like to try and work out stuff with the game by myself. But some times I should really take the time to read up on the more learn-erd FM'ers from on here that have contributed by there informative posts and guides. :rolleyes:

Archived