Penalty Box Assistants

The additional assistants did okay I thought last night. In the Everton game one gave a corner (correctly) when the ref or ass. ref wouldn't have been able to see.

I'd rather have video technology but maybe this is half decent middle ground.

I'd expect it to be included in the game, its been known this has been happening for a long time and I'd expect it to be in top leagues and champions league next season.

Haha its ok, I've heard an awful lot worse!

slightly off topic, but nonetheless:

I can imagine...

I play indoor football and I often feel sorry for the refs (and ashamed about my teammates).

Sometimes I wonder how the refs must feel after the match (considering this is their 'hobby'.)

Cheers! And keep it up, you refs!

slightly off topic' date=' but nonetheless:[/i']

I can imagine...

I play indoor football and I often feel sorry for the refs (and ashamed about my teammates).

Sometimes I wonder how the refs must feel after the match (considering this is their 'hobby'.)

Cheers! And keep it up, you refs!

if i **** up in my job i get shouted at, disciplinned and fire etc..

if the referees performed the way they should they wouldnt get the abuse. i have no sympathy for **** referees.

Interesting that the reason given for not using replays is they want football to be the same on all levels. Yet theyve already said this wont filter down to all levels (they struggle to find enough refs and have to use subs as linesman) so they are already changing a the game.

Also, they get someone to stand in the way of the crowd all game long, the officials wont like it because they will be subject to abuse and being spat on.

Just use IR and be done with it.

if the referees performed the way they should they wouldnt get the abuse. i have no sympathy for **** referees.

you said 'job'

I was referring to hobby refs.

Can you see the difference?

And this doesn't mean I agree that anybody should be shouted at for a mistake; employee or professional ref.

To err is human, respect and all that.

But that probably makes me old fashioned.

You must have a pretty lousy job then. Anyone who has half a brain knows that the most effective way to manage people is to show them some respect, shouting doesn't really get the job done. If its that awful then the disciplinary process will suffice.

Every referee who goes out on the pitch tries their best and whilst it can be frustrating when decisions go against our teams, they are mistakes which are never made on purpose. The game couldn't happen without referees and for everyone who thinks its acceptable to shout open, personal abuse (I've never really care about brief expressions of frustration) should really give it a go and they may discover how difficult it is.

As for implementing the AAR (Additional Assistant Referees) all the way down to grass roots level, I'm quite sceptical. Its hard enough trying to get a referee sometimes for Sunday League matches, and 95% of the games I do at that level end up with "Club Linesmen" who can be more trouble than they're worth with ridiculous biased decisions (trust me, you remember the faces to try and stop that happening later in the season!). I wouldn't enjoy being on an officiating crew of two club linesmen and two club AAR's, could be an absolute nightmare!

You are also quite likely to get infracted for your language so please cut out the swearing.

Archived