Fighting on the pitch / Manager sent to stands

I would like to see this introduced into the game this year... for instance the dyer and bowyer situation springs to mind or Arsenal v Man Utd fights in the cup a few years back. Would add realism and would be a fun feature imo.

Also how about sending managers to the stands for miss-behaving e.t.c... for instance a touch line shout could involve complaining to a referee and then they could send you to the stands if they deem fit. You would not be allowed to make subsitions when this happens.

What you guys think ?

What on earth would players fighting on the pitch add to Football Manager? How would the match engine decide when one should take place? One for every hundred games played?

And who gets punished for these fights? Half your team banned for 6 six matches? Sounds great...

These sorts of things are few and far between IRL and would add NOTHING to the game.

This is a terrible idea and ALWAYS will be.

What on earth would players fighting on the pitch add to Football Manager? How would the match engine decide when one should take place? One for every hundred games played?

And who gets punished for these fights? Half your team banned for 6 six matches? Sounds great...

These sorts of things are few and far between IRL and would add NOTHING to the game.

Probably a bit harsh! I wouldn't want to see this in the game either as I agree it would add little to the game but let's not disparage the OP too strongly for raising a feature idea which, as he rightly points out, has been known to happen in real life.

We are trying to make football better for young people to come in and be the next generation as it is and these people who play these games will have fighting on the pitch? Also fighting doesnt occur in football that much anyway, last time i can remember between teams was inter milan v valencia 4 years ago and just a few weeks away there was trouble between west ham v millwall but that nothing to do with players so i dunno where your getting the idea that this happens in football unless your talking about a game in brazil or something but i agree no point in adding this in, fair enough it creates a bit of drama but how are they going to decide how many games each player gets etc tbh its just an idea and will neverbe added.

Whs, plus its a side of football SI will never put into the game, like match fixing and racisim etc. The manager sent to the stands thing could work but it would have to be based on something you've said/done if given the oppurtunity.

How is it a terrible idea ?

It happens in real life and already in football... I'm not saying that fights should occur every match but these would happen very rarely.

It cant be a terrible idea if it happens already in football.

'It can't be a terrible idea if it happens already in football' - now there's a quote to tell to young children!

So, what you're saying is that whatever goes on in real life football should happen in FM?

So shall we have racist chants from fans when playing away to certain nations like IRL?

or how about pitch invasions everytime west ham play millwall?

How is it a terrible idea ?

It happens in real life and already in football... I'm not saying that fights should occur every match but these would happen very rarely.

It cant be a terrible idea if it happens already in football.

The issue is not that it is a terrible idea because it happens irl

The issue is that not everything that happens irl is an idea that adds something to FM.

Last real life game I went too (this weekend), the kickoff was postponed for 15 minutes because the visitor's bus was held up in a traffic jam.

Do you think that implementing this in FM is a good idea just because it happens in real life?

I have seen brutal fouls (even with players pushing eachother after the ref gave a foul) in FM; with a little imagination you could say that your idea is allready implemented.

What's next?

Streakers in FM11?

Hang on.... Some of you are forgetting that elbowing and headbutting of opponants are already in the game - Are these not deemed a little bit violent? No complaints about them being in the game?

I think the idea would work well, maybe if your team morale is at rock bottom, you are getting beaten 0-4 at home to some lowly team, and you have players with the wrong attitude... Maybe something along the lines of 'Player Y has had an altercation with Player X, he is clearly not happy about that goal being conceded' followed by a card or two.

It happens, and cards are issued because of it. Rarely, but it does.

Players already effectively fight on the pitch...

Ive had a few in my current save that have gotten straight red cards for intentionaly kicking someone (cant mind the exact wording of the offence... but thats the jist of it).

Manager's getting sent to the stands wouldnt add anything, it would just **** people off.

Players can currently punch each other mid-game, thats about far enough for me. Sure, it would be more realistic to add fights, backroom bullying, racist chants, match fixing, player deaths etc. on rare occassions but I don't see how it makes the game better.

• 4 months later...
I would like to see this introduced into the game this year... for instance the dyer and bowyer situation springs to mind or Arsenal v Man Utd fights in the cup a few years back. Would add realism and would be a fun feature imo.

Also how about sending managers to the stands for miss-behaving e.t.c... for instance a touch line shout could involve complaining to a referee and then they could send you to the stands if they deem fit. You would not be allowed to make subsitions when this happens.

What you guys think ?

that would be a good idea and also ypu could have pitch invasions by fans if you win a important game, win the league or survive on the last day of the season

well for a game thats based on football and aims to very realistic why should it not have it? i mean it happened a few weeks back hull arsenal and a couple more i cant remember, it can add things in game like bans, fining the club which has happened to both sides but tbh it aint on my top list of future add ons, hint dynamic league rep......

This will never be in the game (to real footballers anyways) because of licensing. And whoever said blood and guts, that will never ever be in the game. End of discussion about that.

Everyone keeps talking this 'realism' they want in FM but it will never happen. It's a game. Adding something like racist chants and deaths is classless.

I don't get how these debates seems to come up every year, and you will get the same answer from SI. NO! :rolleyes:

'friendly' pitch invasions at the end of a big match doesnt sound like a bad idea to me

and it could be done with one line of commentary text

Friendly pitch invasions :confused:

"The crowd are running onto the pitch! They are all cuddling in the middle of the pitch....... Unbelievable scenes" :D

As SI and FM are trying to promote the good areas of football, I'll support you in saying no.

Yes, it does happen irl, but so do murders, and we don't want them game, do we?

Thank you! :D I predict this will be a successful campaign! :D

Used to play NHL Hockey on EA games and you could start a fight if you wanted to.

Players fighting on the pitch is normal, but rare. It could during derby matches. Players tacking hard, going in two footed, players getting rowdy and passionate. Passion could be a stat, 20 would mean they're likely to go in harder and argue more with ref. Extra added time for confrontations etc. And too rightly, players and teams punished.

I don't see anything of bans when players surround the linesman after an offside. I see players getting sent off for violent conduct, but no indication of what happened. The game used to say "he's headbutted" or "punched" or "kicked".

You also don't see players kicking the ball away (temper), and you don't see the crowd throwing things from the stands.

These are all things seen by 1000's of youth all the world at football matches week in week out.

Imagine having one of th best players in the world and they get a 3 year ban for match fixing, that would suck ass.

What about introducing players dying on the pitch. Racism?

Fines for clubs for fighiting, arguing, etc. would be good.

You can't do the crime without doing the time.

I completely disagree with your comments. I don't want a sterile game with nothing out of the ordinary ever happening, how dull would that be?

It would add realism, and just because we want a bit more realism in the game doesn't mean that racism should also be put in. What a stupid argument.

And by the way, players fighting on the pitch has been in alot of other CM/FM versions and I think is sorely missed amongst the general populace.

Lets be honest here, you show me somebody who doesn't love it when his team is in a free for all on the pitch, in a hyped up derby match, with passions running high, and I'll show you a complete mincer.

It would add realism. Isn't that what FM is supposed to be about?

I completely disagree with your comments. I don't want a sterile game with nothing out of the ordinary ever happening, how dull would that be?

And by the way, players fighting on the pitch has been in alot of other CM/FM versions and I think is sorely missed amongst the general populace.

You really want realism?

Yes' date=' it [i']does[/i] happen irl, but so do murders, and we don't want them game, do we?

'It can't be a terrible idea if it happens already in football' - now there's a quote to tell to young children!

So, what you're saying is that whatever goes on in real life football should happen in FM?

So shall we have racist chants from fans when playing away to certain nations like IRL?

or how about pitch invasions everytime west ham play millwall?

So, what you're saying is that if we add a bit more realism to FM then we must add ALL realism to FM?

Why do we need racist chants because there has been some realism added to the game? So, I guess if we have press confrences, then we must have pitch invasions and racist chants, right? Stupid argument full of holes.

The op is saying to add some more realism in the game, and I think the realism he is talking about is not over stepping the mark.

Your point is? That murder should be introduced into the game because violence on the pitch is? You're joking aren't you? you must be.

The argument is null and void anyway, seeing as SI have already stated several times on different threads that this will never happen.

I remember this in old versions: "Player soandso elbows Playersoandso in the face!" "Playersoandso comes in with a left hook!"

Or something to that effect, did I imagine this? I miss it, it was fun. It is rare though, I'd like to see some more aggressive tackles, and players developing dislikes/spats.

I find all the moralising in this thread laughable by the way, you see more violence in an episode of Murder She Wrote.

this wound be a fantastic idea!

several times i had the urge to shout at the referee for allowing the opposition to break my players' legs without showing a card (i'm looking at you almería)

i'd like it to be a shout feature similar to the one used for players but aimed at the referee.

i'd also like a comment to be added to the manager comments where i can attack the opposition manager for sending his team to the pitch with the intent of breaking my players' bones instead of playing football.

They do lash out in previous version, but you need to read the commentary. 08 or 09 I had a player lash out with an elbow for no reason, they weren't even jumping for the ball. Straight red followed, then assistant said he was sent off for violent conduct/ should not appeal. Not sure if this was taken out.

Archived