Fantastic Wing Play

SGartz

well for posting the video i don't know but for your wingers what kind of personal settings do you have

it seems to me you should set them cross often, cross deep or don't set run with the ball to often this way they wont be running until they reach the end of the pitch

well for posting the video i don't know but for your wingers what kind of personal settings do you have

it seems to me you should set them cross often, cross deep or don't set run with the ball to often this way they wont be running until they reach the end of the pitch

Thing is if you don't set it to run with ball often they sometimes just stand looking for a pass when there's obvious space in front of them they can exploit.

Same goes with CMs and AMs. I might not want them to actually take players on, but if there's space in front of them, I do want them to run with it more often than not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jkunqR-g7s

Is there a thread for posting clips? I'm just experimenting. This vid shows some rubbish wing play which has been the story of my season. Was thinking about putting together a series of clips for 2010 to assist in creating tactics etc...

I know what you mean................:mad:

how many see this happen to them ....your wide player is free with no one infront of them but delays the cross until he is closed down.............and my wingers / full backs are set to cross often:thdn:

often they could also take a shot but delay ...........IT IS NOT REALISTIC so many times they get through only to pause and wait to get closed down.....it does my head in:(

I think you might be right mate, I will try this. I think a big problem is that the players have not blended together well at this moment so I am trying to keep a set formation until they gel and also morale isn't the best.

I am struggling away from home mainly, although I have the strongest squad in the Championship by far.

I know what you mean................:mad:

how many see this happen to them ....your wide player is free with no one infront of them but delays the cross until he is closed down.............and my wingers / full backs are set to cross often:thdn:

often they could also take a shot but delay ...........IT IS NOT REALISTIC so many times they get through only to pause and wait to get closed down.....it does my head in:(

It is a little frustrating. I'm sure it's the graphical representation that needs tweaking more than the game engine. I'm sure it's down to player not having options or something. Sometimes figuring it out is like a lottery. Maybe it's just my players having a bad game and the opposing defenders having a good game?

I have an issue, not a bad one, with my wingers taking players on, running to the byline, turning towards goal, cutting back and scoring. It happens quite often, always the same.

Me too. Even though in the dying moments of the game it a brilliant piece of individual effort. (Y) :D

I'll experiment with the settings for wingers and make some more video clips if that's cool with everyone I'll do that here? Or should I start a thread in the tactical section?

Or like I said, if there's an existing thread similar I can post in there too.

Thing is if you don't set it to run with ball often they sometimes just stand looking for a pass when there's obvious space in front of them they can exploit.

Same goes with CMs and AMs. I might not want them to actually take players on, but if there's space in front of them, I do want them to run with it more often than not.

Don't set them to RWB often, put RWB mixed and train them with the PPM "runs with ball through [left/right/centre]". (And give them high creative freedom)

Otherwise your midfield all play like Scholes, with no running on the ball, even if they can't pass like him.

I find the more things that I leave on mixed, the more naturally the match engine performs. I've got no "RWB often", 3 " FWR often" and 2 "TTB often" in my tactic, and it looks so much more like football than my old tactics, which were pretty impressive, but not impressively pretty.

But I've had time to get my squad's PPMs to my liking.

Don't set them to RWB often, put RWB mixed and train them with the PPM "runs with ball through [left/right/centre]". (And give them high creative freedom)

Otherwise your midfield all play like Scholes, with no running on the ball, even if they can't pass like him.

I find the more things that I leave on mixed, the more naturally the match engine performs. I've got no "RWB often", 3 " FWR often" and 2 "TTB often" in my tactic, and it looks so much more like football than my old tactics, which were pretty impressive, but not impressively pretty.

But I've had time to get my squad's PPMs to my liking.

I actually thought of PPM's a few hours before reading this. Still too early to tell if it'll make a difference though.

I have the same basic set up you do (no FWR 2 TTB) except that I've asked my two forwards to run with the ball. I'm a lowly CCC side with average players at best so I don't like dishing out creative freedom to players who don't have the creativity nor the decision making ability to thrive.

Thanks for the help though. At the very least I know I'm heading in the right direction.

Archived