The "Ever So Unofficial" ideas for edit created comps thread

I am amazed this thread has not appeared yet (I couldnt find one!).

What Competitions will you create in the editor?

Please Post as much detail as posible in similar format to my example, hopefully others in the Forums will contribute with ideas about Poster's suggestions, maybe SI will chip in where an idea is getting "impossible".Hopefully those germs of ideas that get Posted now will become fully rounded before 30th Oct, with the Forum members' help.

eg. My contribution:

The Anglo Scottish Cup.

Qualifications: All Scottish Prem, D1-3, all English Prem,CHamp, L1-2 teams, maybe even Welsh & NI added in.

Format: Knock out Cup, no replays, pens after 90 mins if drawn

Schedule: July/Aug & May/early June. Games every 2/3 days (compact schedule to fit the games in!)

Add rules: None I can think of

Notes: Basically a pre & Post season cup that falls outside of the Real League schedules of the Leagues involved. Actually, may have to drop out Prem / Scot Prem teams if schedules dont work, the top teams didnt partake in this Comp when it happened in real life in the 90's.

Yeah, there's already a fairly big thread here with a few other nation/continent specific threads in the editors forum.

Thanks, I missed that! I did kind of hope this would not be filed in the Editors hideaway as I find that a bit too geeky to visit often. The new Editor will make the whole Edit thing more mainstream - perhaps its just my perception of the Hideaway that needs to change!

Thanks, I missed that! I did kind of hope this would not be filed in the Editors hideaway as I find that a bit too geeky to visit often. The new Editor will make the whole Edit thing more mainstream - perhaps its just my perception of the Hideaway that needs to change!

Just as geeky as any of the FM sections tbf - only difference is you're more likely to get help!

It needs to change in that it's quite disorganised atm and if it's still like that come release time it'll be a mess.

I agree.

Everytime I go there to check something out, there's all sorts of things all over the place

I wonder if they'd consider a Sub-Forum for the ...ahhh.. Sub-Forum???

Have sections for Updates, for Created Leagues, General Enquiries etc..

Then you could have the same thing for Skinning etc

I'll eventually end up making a European Superleague structure with no champions league qualification for it's members. Lower the champions league reputation to make up for the fact that the best of the best no longer go near it, and if the editor is good enough to manage it, maybe have the bottom teams in the bottom tier be relegated back to "national leagues" while their national league winners take their place?

Eventually, I guess I'd like to sit down and make it a single pan-european league, and be able to delete the champions league /euro league and the national divisions altogether. Underneath the top 4 or 5 divisions could be a HUGE branching structure of localized leagues similar to how the BSC becomes BSN/BSS then smaller regional divisions. Sure it'd mean the odd french team in with the english lower league teams or vice versa, but they will still play mostly local oposition while the top few divisions are europe-wide.

I will be creating an Egyptian league and a USSR league.

I like the sound of a USSR league. Maybe I'll merge the former USSR and former Yugoslavia and create one giant league. :cackles:

Of course, that would mean loads of really weak teams would get in the CL via the old/new leagues (Croatian, Serbian etc.).

J-League - somebody will make it if not i'll start one, if they mantain the competitions on the DB it will be easier to do, Making all the portuguese leagues playable -or at least the third division and top local divisions, Angolan league, Egypt - will help if needed.

This is a great thread.

Cheers for the gratitude, Lusitano. Try to add more detail though if you can, would be good to get other Poster's ideas to develop the comps fully.

another EG.

Watneys Cup.

Dont know if this is possible but....

Qual. Top SCORERS (most goals for) from previous season from all 4 English Divs.

Schedule: Pre season

2 semis & a final

Google it...it used to really happen!

I'm thinking of an American league similar to the structure of the European Leagues.

1 table, 20 teams, 38 games.

Transfer Windows from July 1 - September 1 and January 1 - February 1.

Season starts August 15 and runs through June 1.

Top 3 teams are berthed to CONCACAF Champions League, All teams play in US Open Cup.

4 Foreign Player Limit (Will move Canadian Teams to US Cities if necessary)

I don't want to recreate the MLS format, and I can't edit the current league...so I hope this is feasible.

I'm thinking of an American league similar to the structure of the European Leagues.

1 table, 20 teams, 38 games.

Transfer Windows from July 1 - September 1 and January 1 - February 1.

Season starts August 15 and runs through June 1.

Top 3 teams are berthed to CONCACAF Champions League, All teams play in US Open Cup.

4 Foreign Player Limit (Will move Canadian Teams to US Cities if necessary)

I don't want to recreate the MLS format, and I can't edit the current league...so I hope this is feasible.

Not my cup of tea but excellent Post, well thought out.

Don't know if it will work but:

I was thinking of putting all english teams into a regional competition, from which they qualify for a national competition, similar to how it works in Brazil. I know it has been tried with the FM09 editor, but it didn't work. It was a fairly popular thread when it was attempted, so with it being quite a bit easier on FM10 hopefully it can be done.

Also, a World Super League would be good with Leagues from different continents feeding into the world league.

I'll do 2 Super Leagues for Europe, and depending on what position (1st, 2nd or 3rd) you finish in your national division, you get promoted to one of the the Super Leagues.

Then the top 3 teams of each Europe Super League play each other in a Champions Cup.

I am planning a series of fantasy leagues from a USSR League, Czechoslovakia League, Yugoslav League, United Kingdom League, as well as some splits, eg East vs West Germany, Basque, Catalonia. And maybe even some Empire Leagues like British Empire, Portuguese Empire, French Empire, Spanish Empire.

I just like the idea of the different options that are going to be around out there following the remake. :)

I wonder how much work it'd be to put the E. German league back in... maybe even have a competition where the top 4 - 6 W. German teams play the top 4 - 6 E. German teams in a knockout cup.

I already have the research of which clubs are in which area, and sorted by reputation, so all I actually need to do is go about moving the clubs around in the game and organising competitions. :)

I'm creating a scottish league with 4 divisions 18 teams in each one.

A new welsh league and put Cardiff, Wrexham and Swansea back where they belong (controversial i'm sure)

And activate the lower English Leagues.

Then I might actually get around playing FM2010, just before FM2011 comes out.

Many years ago the Football League studied revising the Leagues, one of the proposals (they were named after planets, Saturn I think this idea was called) was for a L 1 of 12 teams, and 6 divs (2 - 7) of ten teams each. Beacause of auto promotion relegation for top / bottom teams and play offs too nearly all teams at the end of the season were in play offs ! - it was a very interesting and radical idea, would love to implement it in FM10 but the print out with detail that I had (in When Saturday Comes mag) got binned! Anyone have info on the official original proposal?

Alternatively regional L1 - L2 feeding straight into the Champ.

I already have the research of which clubs are in which area, and sorted by reputation, so all I actually need to do is go about moving the clubs around in the game and organising competitions. :)

Please share when you do! :D

Many years ago the Football League studied revising the Leagues, one of the proposals (they were named after planets, Saturn I think this idea was called) was for a L 1 of 12 teams, and 6 divs (2 - 7) of ten teams each. Beacause of auto promotion relegation for top / bottom teams and play offs too nearly all teams at the end of the season were in play offs ! - it was a very interesting and radical idea, would love to implement it in FM10 but the print out with detail that I had (in When Saturday Comes mag) got binned! Anyone have info on the official original proposal?

Alternatively regional L1 - L2 feeding straight into the Champ.

That sounds entertaining... :D It sounds a lot like Norway's bottom playable league in FM. 4 playable divisions sorted by position on the map (similar to Blue Square North/South). :)

Division 1

Division 2

Division 3

Division 4

I might have a go at creating a whole new Australian League setup including each state league with relegation and promotion from the state leagues and also have a cup that runs throughout the season.

It would be something like this:

Top Tier:A-League

QLD League

NSW League

VIC League

SA League

ACT League

Then the winner of each league would go into a playoff situation in a battle to get promoted to the A-League but not sure if this would be possible.

One idea I've got is a massive World Club Cup. I have no idea exactly how it would work though. Maybe all the top flight clubs from every country (if possible), or just champions. This may replace some existing domestic cup competitions.

I want to create leagues of all pre-unitary Italian States, but I don't know if it will be possible to qualify for the european cups all winners.

Maybe I will simply split Italian Serie A in 9 divisions with 20 clubs (total of 180) with some matchs to declare a winner (like Italian Serie D).

One idea I've got is a massive World Club Cup. I have no idea exactly how it would work though. Maybe all the top flight clubs from every country (if possible), or just champions. This may replace some existing domestic cup competitions.

I was thinking that, It'd be good to replace the champions league with a world champions league and have only the winners of the leagues throughout the world entering it. This would be better than the club world cup and also definatly find the best team in the world.

Also, I'd want to create the English leagues, all with a foreign player limit, maybe 4 foreigners.

Therein lies a good question - if we can create new competition rules, can we make our own age limits? U5's league, anyone?? :p

I suppose you can make them a few years older. Apart from it won't be the under 16s league. The league will remain the same though.

I've had a team of players who were either 0 or -1 years old on CM01/02 before. And had one player who was -100. Good times.

Another idea, I may for the team I select to manage as a creer game, set up a pro County Cup where all Pro teams in that County compete, probably pre-season, in a KO Cup. However as the number of teams will probably not be exactly 2-4-8 or 16 then byes will be necessary. I wonder if that can be done with the editor?

• 3 weeks later...
Cheers for the gratitude, Lusitano. Try to add more detail though if you can, would be good to get other Poster's ideas to develop the comps fully.

another EG.

Watneys Cup.

Dont know if this is possible but....

Qual. Top SCORERS (most goals for) from previous season from all 4 English Divs.

Schedule: Pre season

2 semis & a final

Google it...it used to really happen!

During the last 2 FM's At least all the japanese competitions are on the DB, as of others of many others countries it's just needed to make them playable. In the case of the J-League it's more dificult cause no players on the teams, but we will manage.

Archived