Natural position during game?

Im managing Wovles atm and i bought scott brown who is a natural AMC but i play a defensive 4-4-2 with none of the CM attacking i find S.B. plays alot better when he's not in his natural position, but this is only for attacking and during the Eng v Cro game gerrard was playing LM but going in to AMC but on fm09 you can only direct him to attack AML or WBL which kinda sucks when i like playing strikers on the wing because they have pace, strike rotation and they can attack well even though its not there natural position. WIll fm2010 go back to fm08 where you can direct players to go from the wing in to AMC?

You wont be able to use arrows like in 08 but i believe there will be an option to tell your winger to cut inside so this will basically do the same thing. There is more information about this in one of the blogs, which you can find the links to near the top of the page in the stickys section.

Im managing Wovles atm and i bought scott brown who is a natural AMC but i play a defensive 4-4-2 with none of the CM attacking i find S.B. plays alot better when he's not in his natural position, but this is only for attacking and during the Eng v Cro game gerrard was playing LM but going in to AMC but on fm09 you can only direct him to attack AML or WBL which kinda sucks when i like playing strikers on the wing because they have pace, strike rotation and they can attack well even though its not there natural position. WIll fm2010 go back to fm08 where you can direct players to go from the wing in to AMC?

You are not understanding the arrows and this isn't how it works.

All you can do is give him instructions as to the frequency of his forward runs, the direction is down to the individual player preference. As Gerrard is right footed if you watch the games he probably cuts inside a fair bit anyway.

Archived