FM2010 blog day 11 - data editor part 1

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
Personally I think it would have been clearer if the mouse was viewable - you have to scan the page to see what's being clicked on at parts.

Interesting though!

A windows issue stops that with the video capture software being used, so I'm told - the cursor ends up "blocky", and obscures stuff.

Is there any way of adding a make all nations have EU status?

To get around English clubs not being able to sign young stars from say Brazil and Argentina I go into the editor and tick the EU status box so thus avoid any work permits when signing players from such countries.

Can anything like this be added?

Someone several games back once produced an editor with this function as it's a great time saver.

I like the fact you can change a players ethnicity and skin tone. As a current game out now I bought has one player in particular Kanoute (Sevilla) and he's white which is wrong.

Quick question: We cant edit national team competitions, but can we create new ones?

I'm sure I seen a sneaky Algeria when you were making the deduct points rules..

Also, how do we select what teams we want in for Instance the Egyption League? Currently for Egypt its just "A Premier Division" and "A lower Division". Does it take these defaults? Or have the teams in the various tiers been researched so as they are accurate?

Last question. You say we cant edit work permit rules, but, what will the default be for activated nations? I'm sure these have not been researched for every country in the world so as it takes the game default...

seen as we cannot edit existing leagues how easy would it be recreate the english league structure? such as number of teams in the divisions and the rules etc. and would it still retain stuff from the old english system that you didn't change (such as uefa co-efficients)?

Things that you cannot do with the editor

- Cannot edit existing leagues, only recreate them.

Dont understand this, can i or can i not edit the number of foreginers in the premier leauge

exsampel: only 3 forigners allowed in the match day squad / english, irish, r.ireland, n.ireland, wales, scottland counts as english

love this game

Dont understand this, can i or can i not edit the number of foreginers in the premier leauge

exsampel: only 3 forigners allowed in the match day squad / english, irish, r.ireland, n.ireland, wales, scottland counts as english

love this game

You can create your own leagues and they will appear when you start a new game

love this game

It means you can't change the existing Premier League, but you could remove it and add in your own version with completely different rules.

Will we have any access to the tool that shows what a players stats will be with current CA and stats?

Other than that looks interesting, what will we be able to do with existing league levels? (like unibond premier) could we set them as active?

That's what it says tomorrows blog is about, adding divisions to an existing league. Was confirmed when FM 2010 was announced that you could activate more English leagues and add even more.

ok 16 teams is minimum and maximum in a new league?

My idea to create 4 divisions with 8 clubs (2 away and 2 home games) in a new country. Isn't possible?

The Egyptian league is already in the database (as are many other unplayable leagues). As we can create our own imaginary leagues, I would think you could choose how many teams are in that league. Like I said, it's been said you could add more English or Scottish leagues, and they don't all have 16 teams in.

okay so i have to recreate the English premier league if i wanna make it max 3 foreigners....

How much work will that be ?

Sound like allot :(

League Specific

- Set Points for Win

- Set Television Revenue & Parachute Payments

- Number of Promotion & Relegation Spots

- Set League Sorting Rules (Sort teams by Goal Difference etc)

- Set League Break Periods

- Select how and when games are moved for TV.

- Set League Prize Money

- Match Day and Squad Rules (E.g. Team must have 3 U23 player in Match Day Squad)

- Set Championship, Promotion and Relegation Play-Off Rules

League Specific

- Set Points for Win

- Set League Prize Money

- Match Day and Squad Rules (E.g. Team must have 3 U23 player in Match Day Squad)

what about history

League Specific

- Set Points for Win

- Set League Prize Money

You could change the league and players history in the old editor

change 7000 players ??

Well, there goes my intentions of removing the MLS salary cap. Can't edit league structure or rules.

Although, I suppose I could recreate a more European-esque MLS and add the new franchises in as well, that's not so bad.

That said, can I take my new MLS and say that the top three of the table get bids into the CONCACAF CL?

A little question to miles...

I am host of a online game, this editor can change the time of the matches?

For example

Change the hour of 2da B of spanish league Dom 19 hrs to Dom 15 hrs, the same time who the serie c2 league?

Some managers are in Spain and others in Italy and England, if i change the time of the matches, all managers play the games in the same time.

This is possible?

Sorry for my english :p

i noticed one key thing in the video "not allowed more then three players outside eu" in egypt?

That's to keep all the Egyption Youth away from playing football instead of doing something useful.

Or is it to make sure all the guys from the other African countries stay at home? ;)

I have a question...

I'd like to 'get rid' of the English League Cup, and replace it with a British Cup between English and Scottish League teams. How would I go about doing this? Can I edit the existing League Cup to include Scottish teams? Or can I just delete the League Cup and then create a new tournament from scratch? Otherwise I'm going to end up with too many matches if I have to keep the League Cup in the game.

Archived