player interaction i would like to see in FM09

What i would like to see is more player reaction, and by that i mean what fergie mentioned about his team choices

In real life a player would get annoyed and might hand in a transfer request if he was left out of say a champions league final or vital prem game which he was fit for, but in FM they take it if their dropped, no questions asked.

id like to see somethig added where you would have to explain to a player why hes not made the team or bench, either by saying something like 'your lacking match sharpness' 'i dont see a future for you at the club' or 'i am just rotating the squad' or 'you havent performed in training'

just an idea, what do you think?

Good idea! Ive thought this before but worry that it will be something that, if incorperated into the game will be done badly same as the confidence system. For example it would probably happen way to often, and would probably be the likes of '7th choice reserve team striker' or the 'goalkeeper who hasn't played a game in 3 years because he is backup' complaiing and throwing hissy fits rather than important worthy players, and would just end up getting on my nerves.

At least that's what always seems to happen in my experience of players getting upset at being substituted. It's never ones you care about like Ronaldo or Rooney, it's always the donkeys who were lucky to start anyway like Saha and Fletcher

i dont know, i think it can be done with minimal problems if the squad status is used to see which players can actually have a problem with being dropped, and i guess if its only implemented in champs league finals or play off finals, fa cup finals etc then it could be quite effective without getting too repetitive and causing too many morale problems

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by andrew bowditch:

no one else got any views on this?

MANY!!!! It's a part of a bigger picture whereby many of us are making suggestions for further interaction. SI have implied that this aspect will be a priority in FM09 - we just have to wait and see what specifically will be addressed and what will be overlooked. In the meantime, I'm sure it's a good idea to prompt them with ideas like this icon14.gif

Archived