[FM09] Toadi: The Worldwide Manager

Toadi

Version 9.1.0

No Edits

Default Database

Ok, this is a little odd, as I started playig this journeyman game a few seasons ago, and I am already doing quite well.

In the next post I will post my current history, as well as some other info. From there on in, I'll post (game)monthly updates.

This save has every country selected, with the default leagues open (e.g. English Leagues down to League 2.) But as I said, every country is selected. I also started unemployed, and with professional footballer experience (not international).

My Aims

I aim to manage clubs until I take them as far as I can, then leave for pastures new. (unfortunately, with my first club, I failed this first aim, as you will soon see)

I aim to manage Internationally as soon as possible, and become well known enough to manage a country in the top 10, either by moving to a top 10 country, OR by helping a lower ranked country push into those ranks.

I aim to gain disciples in staff and players, to hopefully have a core of players who I sign from each of my past clubs every time I change clubs, and the same with staff.

I also aim to leave English managing (both club and country) to much later in my career, as I am sure I will not leave once I get there.

This is my first Journeyman game that I have ever played (but my second I have posted, the other being: Around The World with 3 friends.

I started unemployed and begain job hunting immediately. Many clubs had my CV land on their doorstep or desk, but I was repeatedly rejected, until finally, I got a job at Kuban Krasnodar! Kuban are a small team in the Russian First Division. They have a good squad, but are only ever expected to float around 5th - 10th in the league, rarely a promotion candidate, especially with teams like Rostov, Ural, Anzhi and Torpedo Moscow in the league.

I took over at Kuban on the 20th of July 2008, and Immediately made an impact on the squad.

I Decided to clear out some deadwood to begin with so on th eday I arrived I ended the contracts of Victor Dmitrenko (now out of the game), Vitaly Chochiev (also out of the game), and Alan Kasaev (Now at Terek in the Russian First Division).

Then on the third of August 2008, the new regime started kicking in and I brought in 12 players to strengthen the squad (including youngsters for the future).

Junior (a young brazilian striker) on a free.

Carlinhos (young Brazilian Centre Back) also on a free.

Vanderlei (Experienced brazilian Centre back) on a free transfer.

Sergey Mitin (Experienced Russian Left Back) from Enkopings IS on a free. - (Since my departure, he has left Dinamo Bryansk of the Russian First)

Victor Golovatenco (Moldovan Centre Back, Defensive Midfielder) from Khimki for £30k - (Now at Sheriff)

Beslan Gublia (Experience Russian Centre Back, Midfielder) from Mashuk for £30k - (Now at Avangurd Kursk of the Russian First)

Denys Vasin (Young Ukrainian Striker) from Chornomorets for £1k - (now at IFK Goteborg for £40k, my new team, and part of my core of players that follow me club to club, more on him later)

Anatoly Gerk (Russian Centre Mid) from Saturn for £160k - (my second most expensive signing! Now he has returned to Russian Premier's Saturn for a cool £550k!)

Ruslan Agalarov (Uzbeki Centre Mid) from Anzhi in a part exchange for Georgy Djioev.

Junior Baiano (Very Experience Brazilian Centre Back, brought in to be a coach soon) from Brasiliense for £1k - (now also at IFK Goteborg on a free, he still hasnt retired and become a coach at 40!:p)

Vadim Yevseev (Experienced Full Back and now club captain) from Saturn for £80k

Finally Alexander Kudryavtsev (young Russian Right winger and Striker) from CSKA Moscow for £275k.

As you can see, the main squad issues were the back line (specifcally a lack of centre backs), centre mid and Strikers. The wingers and goalkeepers were exceptional.

Denys Vasin has to be one of my favourite finds, he can be a little temperamental and controversial, but hell, he is a great star for the future, and he is still improving! Unfortunately, I don't have a screenshot of when I first signed him (will try to get one of him from a new save) but here is a screenshot of him now in 2010: http://img171.imageshack.us/i/20090916140053.jpg/

Got a class now, will post more soon!

When I last left off I had told you all the signings I made at Kuban, and gave away the fact that I eventually left them for IFK Goteborg (whoops :p)

During the course of the season, we were much improved on the original squad. However I had made the mistake I often make of signing too many players for a position, including players that I think are muc better than they actually are! Although some of the matches in the half season I was left to manage in, we did much better than expected, and gained Second Place in the Russian First, and secured promotion!

The best players in that season for me were:

GK: Alexey Stepanov - Uncapped Russian Keeper, only conceded 32 in 37!

DR: Vadim Yevseev

DL: Sergey Mitin

DC: Roman Lengyel

DC: Aslan Zaseev

MC: Ruslan Agalarov

MC: Bratislav Ristic

AML: Alexey Skvernyuk

AMR: Arthur Tlisov

FC: Alexendr Tikhonovetskiy

FC: Denys Vasin

So, everything was going well at Kuban, just been promoted to the top flight of Russian football, and the future was bright, with both the UEFA cup and the Champions LEague available if I did well enough!

Unfortunately, I made a grave mistake. I thought to myself, "hmm, now I've promoted this unknown russian club into the top flight, every team in the world will want me!" So, I packed up my bags and left.

BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER! Turns out, I really miss ol' Kuban! (watch my other journeyman thread Around The World with 3 friends to see me attempt to be Kuban manager again, if the job comes up!)

So, whilst unemployed I applied for a few jobs, ending in what I believed to be a good position with JJK, a team doing well in the Finnish Premier Division!

This position only lasted 17 days, when I realised that it was a terrible, semi-professional team, in a terrible league. (no offence to any JJK fans :p)

This unemployment was very short, as I was very lucky to be given a job with IFK Goteborg!

I joined just at the start of the season, 6th of March 2009! In the season before, they had really underperformed, finishing 8th out of 16.

In my first season, we did better than expected, finishing in 3rd place behind Djurgarden and AIK, and just ahead of Malmo FF and Elfsborg. We also won the Swedish Cup!

This season so far, we've won the Supercupen, got knocked out of the swedish cup, but currently hold 2nd place, only one point behind Hacken in top, with 10 games to play, and 3 points ahead of 3rd spot!

In the next post: top players in my Goteborg side so far, and then finally, some updates!

Alright, almost there! :D

Current players of note at IFK Goteborg right now, with me as manager:

GK:

- Pablo Cavallero - My current first team keeper, I bought him when I first joined, but due to the language barrier, he couldn't communicate, so was sub to Christensen

- Kim Christensen - My current Second Choicer, did a good job in my first season, and was here when I arrived

- Francisco - A very new arrival, and my current Youth Protegee!

Defenders

- Adam Johansson - A good quality Right Back who was already in the squad!

- Jeffrey Ntuka - A new signing from Chelsea's reserve setup, who I play right back, but can hit both wing back positions and DM and MC

- Shane Stefanutto - Signed this Australian left back at the start of the season expecting him to be my first choicer

- Jan Tauer - Signed this german left back at the same time as Stefanutto, turns out, he totally beat Stefanutto out of the team!

- Gonzalo Sorondo - A new signing this season, Incredible centre back, and now club captain

- David - Came in alongside Sorondo, Another great centre back! Only 23!

- Max Von Schlebrugge - a mid season signing in my first season, and has now been pushed to second choicer, or even third choicer due to my final centre back

- David Caloun - Came in just after Sorondo and David, 16 year old czech centre back, and he's equalling to David and Sorondo!

Midfielders

- Ahmed Fathi - 25 year old Egyptian DM who can also be pushed into Right Back

- Rick Kruys - Promising Dutch central Midfielder, his only weak point is his passing :confused: so giving him the odd game here and there to improve

- Alexandr Fedotov - A Promising Russian Central Midfielder from Ural, aged 17, and when I was at Kuban I lost him to Ural, so glad to have him back.

- Fredrik Ljungberg - Only £6k, a good steady experienced head!

- Robert Pires - Got this experienced player on a free from FC Nantes!

- Florentin Petre - Romanian Right Winger, who I brought in when I first arrived, unfortunately, his age is caching up on him now

- Andres D'Allesandro - Really happy to have signed this player for £7m, already worth it!

- Igor Portnyagin - Young Russian right Winger/Striker, showing good promise!

- Tobias Hysen - Left Winger who was already here, and is a great player!

- Dinijar Bilyaletdinov - Very Good Russian AMC, signed him at the end of this mid season transfer window, for a very good £3m price, AC Milan have already put an offer in for him for £5m, hoping I can hold on to him!

- Mario Suttner AND Pape Pate Diouf - Two young players, one Serbian, one Senegalese, Suttner AMC, Pate Diouf AML. High promise!

- Andreas Johansson - Another good AMC, here when I arrived, has now been pushed back to MC for most games

- Sacha Kljestan - American MC, unfortunately quite injry prone, may have to sell him off...

- Veigar Pall Gunnarson - AMC/FC from Norway, was league top scorer in Norway, unfortunately struggling to make an impact in this league, scoring 4 in 9 starts (11 sub)

Strikers

- Nate Jaqua - Bought this American Striker / Right Winger on a free from Houston, scores for fun! 10 goals in 16apps, plus 7 assists!

- German Pacheco - New Argentinian youth signing of AML/FC, for £60k from Atletico Madrid, but I think my scouts may have dropped the ball on him...

- James Keene - A well known English name in the Swedish leagues, bought him from rivals Elfsborg when he appeared in Swedish team of the season. for me, he started badly, but really picked up! currently 6 goals in 14apps

- Denys Vasin - Personal favourite of mine, getting better and better! (unfortunately, suffering a spell of low confidence and a goal drought, hoping he breaks it soon)

- Hannes Sigurdsson - Very good Icelandic target man target man, 11 goals in 20

- Paris Cowan-Hall, Isa Bagci and Joseph Ipoua - My successful youth prospects!

Alright! next update will be an ACTUAL monthly update! HUZZAH!

Cheers Saxonaitor!

I keep meaning to put my update up, but keep playing a new save! So my updates are likely to be sporadic... generally seasonal updates and major updates (including big matches :D)

This is only a short'un because I noticed someone had taken an interest :p (again, cheers Saxonaitor! :p). Next post from me will be a real update, I promise!

Archived