2-D or 3-D ? What do you use ?

As soon as the 3-D option was introduced, I've never given it a second thought......3-D all the way for me.

However, recently I've started to doubt that choice. The 3-D is great, in the sense that it's more enjoyable watching the match in that way.

However, from a management point of view is 2-D more beneficial ? I switched to 2-D during a recent match, and I found it much easier to spot what my wide men were doing on and off the ball in my 4-3-3 system, as well as realising that my holding midfielder was getting himself into some rather strange positions.

I'm starting to think I'll start spotting a lot more from a tactical point of view if I watch games in 2-D.

Would be interested to hear your thoughts on this. Cheers.

Now thats oldskool :)

I personally go 3D, found it more exciting to watch it that way ....... also my GPU is total overkill so why not LOL

Cant wait to see 2010 animations though ....... c'mon DEMO release date

Even though I have a computer thats more than capable of handling the 3D, which I normally do use, I have been known to use the commentary only option. Never really been a fan of the 2D tbh.

I only really use text commentary, as I can get through seasons much quicker that way. The exceptions are:

Cup finals and the last league match of the season, which I always watch in 3d.

When I first take over a team- I like to watch the first few matches in 3d.

When I have made new signings to 'see how good they look' in 3d.

I began my FM09 career on a rubbish computer that couldnt handle 3-D :( So i was unfortunately stuck with 2-D. I did however get a laptop a while ago that was capable of 3-D, but i didnt realise this and stuck with 2-D until a few months ago when i switched over.

So both for me.

Guest Von Scharpling

I like commentary because a) it's fast and b) you think less about silly mistakes you see that aren't considered mistakes by the match engine.

Good original thread this one :thup::rolleyes:

What is the point of this post? I find it far more irritating that people enter discussion simply to patronise people than people who publish 'repeat' threads; the title of the thread is crystal clear. If you don't want to read another thread about 2D vs 3D then please feel free to ignore it and post on threads that interest you. :(

Back on topic, 2D all the way. I find the ball too 'weightless' in 3D and some of the animations are less than smooth. FM2010 may change my mind...

Archived