Talking to your groundsman about the pitch

Hi,

I'm sure I've not seen this in FM before (but please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

I think it would be great to be able to talk to your groundsmen to talk about how you would want the pitch for a game.

For examples: there are loads of occasions where teams like Blackburn have (in the past), watered the pitch severely (even if its been raining!) to try and get the upper hand on their opponents. A muddy/wet pitch would mean its harder for a team to play 'good' football and it also increases the chances of injury.

Theres also times, where you may want a perfect pitch. If your a team like Arsenal, your want to get the ball at your feet and play a neat passing game. Thus, you would more than likely want the pitch in its best condition as possible.

Also, if your pitch deteriates, if you have time, it would be great if you could order a 'pitch relay'.

cheers,

:)

I wouldn't say it is a big enough part of football to add it in... if anything it's used by the smaller teams in the premiership rarely anyway, like when they come up against a top 4 team, I just can't see this working.

It happens all the time. Just this weekend away at Cardiff, they watered the end that they were attacking before the start of each half. Its to make passing slicker and increase the chances of a defender slipping up and making a mistake. Also, a slippery football generally gives the goalkeepers more to worry about which, again, might lead to a mistake.

It happens all the time. Just this weekend away at Cardiff, they watered the end that they were attacking before the start of each half. Its to make passing slicker and increase the chances of a defender slipping up and making a mistake. Also, a slippery football generally gives the goalkeepers more to worry about which, again, might lead to a mistake.

Cardiff do that every game then do they?

Cardiff do that every game then do they?

I wouldnt know, i support Newcastle so ive only seen them once. However, Newcastle do it every home game, and all the away grounds ive been to have done it, both in the premier league and championship. Some water different areas of the pitch for different benefits. It happens a lot in the English game.

Archived