training polishing

I expect it to be exactly the same as FM09. Mainly because someone from SI said that they really want to look at the training and make it better but they couldn't say when as they were concentrating on the Tactics first.

Found it in a old thread here. You need to scroll down quite a bit.

I got my answer by Paul :

We havent worked on training for FM2010, but no doubt it will be up for some new work in a forthcoming version. But no real discussion as yet, too busy with Fm2010!

That's disappointing to hear. Really hoped the would do something with training in FM10 as it is a major part of managing a football club. :(

• SI Staff
What do you expect for 2010 in the training polishing ?

Personnaly I hope to have a daily planning with 20 different exercices.

What will be your idea to get the most realistic training management.

That's not polish, that's a new feature!

i was thinking..why is not possible training someone for single stats?you know,if you train defence you should improve tackling,marking etc..

but,let's say i've got a strong regen with 20 tackling and 5 marking (and,sadly,this often happens)..i should be able to say him "learn marking!" and leave alone tackling..

so,if i've understood how it works,the sum of all attributes should depend from the CA..and if i'm correct,here's my suggestion..do larger sliders,and do a slider for all the training stats in the game..

this is my suggestion,making an easy and semplified example..i've got John Smith,16 years old,striker,who has 20 in heading,19 in finalizing,passing,great (over 16) mental attributes..but he has 7 in speed,8 in acceleration and 5 in elevation.

consider only this stats as existing,it should go like this:

finalizing------from 1 to 50 set to 5

heading-------from 1 to 50 set to 5

passing-------from 1 to 50 set to 10

speed---------from 1 to 50 set to 40

acceleration--from 1 to 50 set to 40

elevation------from 1 to 50 set to 45

considering maybe that from 1-20 it's a light training,from 21 to 40 is a medium and 41-50 is hard..circa as it's now..then,the sum of ALL the sliders should give to us the general weight of the training..and i think it would be cooler (and needed) if my coaches could tell me how this kind of work ratio impacts on the player..considering i have one coach for specific training area,should go like this:

pavel nedved thinks that 5/50 in finalizing could slowly decrease john smith's strenght in this area

johan neskeens thinks that 10/50 in passing could very slowly decrease john smith's strenght in this area

valter di salvo thinks that 45/50 in elevation could fastly increase john smith's streght in this area

valter di salvo thinks that 40/50 in acceleration could have no real effect for john smith

and so on..obviously,the best the coaches the best the advices would be.so a list of seven star coaches could really give you perfectly an overall idea of the quantity and quality your team is..

and also it is obvious that mental attributes (determination,i think) will affect the work ratio..in my example,the same schedule could be very hard for john smith if he has 6 in determination,could be hard if he has 14 and could be medium if he has 18..

hope my bad english won't affect the reading and comprehension..

I very am much in agreement with your ideas on training Straccy. :thup:

It would be great to have that kind of control over what categories each of your players is focusing upon.

I have individual schedules for each of my players, to focus their training as much as possible on the areas I want to see improvement in, though presently, I am not able to define the ideal detail levels to make the kind of impact I would really like.

For example, I want my left winger Lee Holmes at Southampton, to work upon his crossing and dribbling as priorities, but by focusing his attention on these areas, the appropriate training schedules also force him to spend more time than I wish him to on things such as free kicks, corners, technique etc. Naturally, I still want him to work on other areas too, but I should be able to stipulate to him, to spend the majority of his time intensively concentrating upon improving his crossing without that automatically incurring CA points being distributed to free kick and corner taking, which I consider to be a waste for this player, as I have others responsible for these areas.

In short, I would love to have much greater control over the individual aspects of training, and would like to be able to tell a player:

"Lee, please concentrate upon working to improve your crossing in training over the next few weeks"

without him replying:

"Ok, boss, but I just have to finish practicing my corners and free kicks first".

"Er, no Lee, actually, you don't. I'm the Manager, and I'd appreciate it if you'd just do as I ask". ;)

Archived