Steam

I think you can download it before the date but can't play it until October 30th. Haven't used Steam but I seem to recall someone saying you download it, then get a code to unlock it on release day.

Its what this guy said, I use Steam everyday and they always let you download the game but don't let you play then come 00:00 the day it comes out you can play it instantly.

Its what this guy said, I use Steam everyday and they always let you download the game but don't let you play then come 00:00 the day it comes out you can play it instantly.

I have Steam with FM2009 installed. With regard to 'downloading the game on to 3 computers' I seem to remember that I had no end of trouble with this last year. Firstly, I couldn't just logon to the game from my other computer so had to download the game again on to a USB Flash Stick. This took a staggering 12 hours and then I had to transfer it to my other computer. I seem to remember that I had a number of discussions with steam (who took 2 days to reply inbetween each e-mail) and also discussions on these boards and other ways were mentioned but for the life of me I can't remember. Although I have the game running on 2 seperate computers (both PC's not Laptops) at the moment, what will I have to do to get the FM2010 running on both PC's again?

Thanks in advance.

I purchased FM10 with Steam already. Right now it shows up in my downloads as (game not available yet)... When the date comes closer you will be able to download and then like the above posters said you can play it at 00:01.

I have put games on up to 3 computers without any issue.

I purchased FM10 with Steam already. Right now it shows up in my downloads as (game not available yet)... When the date comes closer you will be able to download and then like the above posters said you can play it at 00:01.

I have put games on up to 3 computers without any issue.

How did you do that?

I had zero issues that you mentioned... Downloaded Steam on each compuer, logged on found the game re downloaded it and ready to play.

Yes, but did you have to start a new game or could you continue your saved game from your other computer?

Yes, but did you have to start a new game or could you continue your saved game from your other computer?

No, I've never been able to do that. One computer - one game. I find that I have to start a new game on each.

My question is, how do I download the game without having to pay for it again. I did it last year but I have forgotten how!

No, I've never been able to do that. One computer - one game. I find that I have to start a new game on each.

My question is, how do I download the game without having to pay for it again. I did it last year but I have forgotten how!

Further to the above I seem to remember that I have to go into the Steam folder and find the "Steam apps" file and transfer that to the USB Flash and then transfer it to my other computer!

OK it seems there is some confusion over the using of steam

Download: Download before the release, on release day you can play the game but not before.

3 PCs: Download from steam to each one. The only files needed to be copied to move game saves etc is the sports interactive folder that you can find in "My Docs" That contains saved games, databases, graphics etc. That can fit onto a usb stick easily to move between PCs (mine is only 543MB, my usb is 2GB)

OK it seems there is some confusion over the using of steam

Download: Download before the release, on release day you can play the game but not before.

3 PCs: Download from steam to each one. The only files needed to be copied to move game saves etc is the sports interactive folder that you can find in "My Docs" That contains saved games, databases, graphics etc. That can fit onto a usb stick easily to move between PCs (mine is only 543MB, my usb is 2GB)

Forgive me for being a bit thick here (I am in my 70's) but I remember that when I downloaded the game through 'steam' I naively thought that I could just log-on to my account from any computer. I quickly found that this wasn't the case. When I tried to download again to my other computer I seem to think that I had some trouble with the access code or something. The answer (from my failing memory) was to transfer the steam apps file (some 1.9GB) on to a USB stick and transfer it that way. The first took over 13 hours and I upgraded my system and the second one took just over 4 hours. Does this sound like an average download to anyone?

but if i download by steam, for launch the game, i will do with the program that you have to download from steam's website?

I wrote to 'steam' and received the following reply:

"To install the game on both computers, you will still have to download the full game on one computer and then transfer the files over to your second computer".

I wrote to 'steam' and received the following reply:

"To install the game on both computers, you will still have to download the full game on one computer and then transfer the files over to your second computer".

so i download the game and stop, any other kinds of program!!!

Archived