Smallest stadium expansion?

In my 5th year with Dorchester, the board just announced plans to expand the stadium by 74 seats. Yes 74 seats!

And this will take 2 months!

I've been patiently waiting for them to expand the stadium....

Finally after 1 year waiting, my stadium capacity will be 6926 + 74! Yay!

I have the screenshot but now sure how to attach it here, it says I may not post attachments. Oh well.

Whats the smallest stadium expansion you've seen in the game?

Were those 74 seats in addition to your existing stadium or were they seats replacing some area of terraces? Normally at lower league clubs they will replace terracing first and it may be that you still had a small amount of terraces and so they have replaced them with 74 seats. It would most likely reduce your overall capacity.

• 11 months later...

I asked for an extension to Pride Park when managing Derby, and it was granted. Extended by about 500 seats!

In fairness, it was a season after a previous extension which added just over 9,000 seats. The extra few hundred brought the capacity up to 44,000 which as it turns out is the absolute maximum you can get Pride Park to.

I've just had a massive let down with a stadium expansion. Having bought Bath City all the way up from the Blue Square South to the Premier League an expansion of about 7000 seats was announced to meet league requirements. "Great" I though and we spent the first half of the season ground sharing with Bristol City which bought in some much needed cash as the capacity was 10,000 higher than our stadium. Then when the 'expansion' is complete I realise there was no addition to the capacity of our ground at all, they just had to turn it into an all seater.

Back to running at a loss every month now it seems due to a miserable capacity of 8840

Yep it's a great team to coach, actually the real Necaxa team is subject to many jokes about it's extremely low attendence levels by other mexican clubs, so its great to reach a full stadium with this guys and even a liitle expansion

Going back a long way, but I'm sure in a save with Deportivo on one of the older FMs or possibly even one of the last SI CMs, the board expanded the Riazor by about 9 seats one year. I think the reason for this was that I'd had an expansion the previous year as well which took it up to just below the overall maximum size of the stadium (which I believe is specified if you look in the editor) so presumably 9 extra seats were all we had space left for :/

I have taken Grays Athletic to the Championship and still with a 4.5k stadium. Luckily my wage bill is low so im not makin a loss every month. I have around 2.5mil in the bank. how much do you reckon i will need to either expand or move stadium? The stadium is rented btw

Anyone know how long it might take for a club to go about building a new stadium? I am with Blackpool at the moment and our capacity is a full capacity (20k) and the council wont grant planning for anymore expansion. I keep asking however

you need to be filling the ground every week and have a healthy bank balance. i had £110m in the bank and no debt when ajax announced we were moving to a new 66,000 seater stadium

• 7 months later...

Rather than creating a new thread. Was wondering whats the smallest expansion seen in 11.3? Ive been asking for an expansion for seasons with Tottenham. I eventually get one and they only increase it by 500 seats. Really contemplating leaving and starting elsewhere, as its just ridiculous. I even refused to spend the transfer budget they gave me of £40mill the season before and sold players to buy new recruits, to help with the finances, but still no. only 500 seats. Would upgrade a screen but im currently at work.

I've just had a massive let down with a stadium expansion. Having bought Bath City all the way up from the Blue Square South to the Premier League an expansion of about 7000 seats was announced to meet league requirements. "Great" I though and we spent the first half of the season ground sharing with Bristol City which bought in some much needed cash as the capacity was 10,000 higher than our stadium. Then when the 'expansion' is complete I realise there was no addition to the capacity of our ground at all, they just had to turn it into an all seater.

Back to running at a loss every month now it seems due to a miserable capacity of 8840

I always find that when getting promoted with non league sides, its so tough cos youre always making a loss until you get a new stadium. I tend to find after a couple of seasons at most in the top flight you will get a new stadium with 15 or 20 000 seats.

Someone from LLM forum posted about getting a 7 (or 5 seats .. was somewhere around that figure) seat upgrade to thier stadium, was a year or so ago ...

That's wasn't me, but I do vaguely but distinctly remember 3 or 4 years ago getting an upgrade to my non-league ground of 10 seats!

I asked for an extension to Pride Park when managing Derby, and it was granted. Extended by about 500 seats!

In fairness, it was a season after a previous extension which added just over 9,000 seats. The extra few hundred brought the capacity up to 44,000 which as it turns out is the absolute maximum you can get Pride Park to.

I remember in one of my Derby saves they kept expanding Pride Park 4 times. First to 44,000, second to 47,000, then to 49,958 (I think), then to 49,990... I was rather shocked with the last one!

Archived