Playstyle vs number of fans

I was wondering wether your playstyle influences the amount of supporters that show up at a game. For example, will an attacking playstyle (meaning lots of shots at goal, and probably more goals all around, also more goals against) attract more fans than a defensive style where you win all your matches 1-0?

I understand this is represented by the fan confidence part, but even so, how big is the impact? And is it worth it to lose a couple of matches extra if it means you play prettier football?

On another note, what is the influence of your stadium quality on the amount of fans? Are you going to have less supporters because you don't have seats in your stadium? Or will they simply pay less?

Discuss

I was wondering wether your playstyle influences the amount of supporters that show up at a game. For example, will an attacking playstyle (meaning lots of shots at goal, and probably more goals all around, also more goals against) attract more fans than a defensive style where you win all your matches 1-0?

I understand this is represented by the fan confidence part, but even so, how big is the impact? And is it worth it to lose a couple of matches extra if it means you play prettier football?

On another note, what is the influence of your stadium quality on the amount of fans? Are you going to have less supporters because you don't have seats in your stadium? Or will they simply pay less?

Discuss

The 'style' your team plays by doesn't have any influence on attendances as far as I know, but I may be wrong.

It would add more realism to FM(if only a little bit) if it were to be included, but the effort and time to code it into the game in relationship to how much it would actually add to FM... I don't think it's worth the trouble.

Discuss

I think that "matches" rating in your confidence screen is only thing that affects attendance.

If you're beating your opponent 6-0 or 4-1, fans are more likely to be delighted. They are just "pleased" with 1-0 victories or draws. So final score affects supporter mood and it will affect attendances. I'm pretty sure that's how it works and it sound fairly reasonable for me.

Sometimes at lower leagues they throw "fan days" - not sure whether the style of football matters here but the method of the result does (i.e. if it's a 3-0 thumping with 40 shots on target for you, it's better than a 3-0 win with you with 3 shots on target). The boost in fans is probably tied to this.

Agree with allies. It's not currently factored, and for me it would be way down a list of priorities.

This is something I always find astounding; how do you guys know the inner workings of the FM program?

For every question asked there seems to be somebody who just knows the answer...

Most of this stuff isn't covered in the manual (don't think so), so how do you know this?

PS: not being a smartass or suggesting that you're wrong/guessing. Just want to know how you are so in the know (and it would be nice to point me in the right direction for more info regarding these FM details).

This is something I always find astounding; how do you guys know the inner workings of the FM program?

For every question asked there seems to be somebody who just knows the answer...

Most of this stuff isn't covered in the manual (don't think so)' date=' so how do you know this?

PS: not being a smartass or suggesting that you're wrong/guessing. Just want to know how you are so in the know (and it would be nice to point me in the right direction for more info regarding these FM details).[/quote']

Common sense + gut feeling + how you experience the game + forum threads and comments are the main sources of info.

PS: Never said that I was SURE it is not included, I just don't think that it is. :)

Archived