A story of a Horrific mistake with a save game file

Well, I have had a network with two other guys going for a while, and it was going really well, But I have just made a horrific mistake.

I was playing my own save and one of the guys phones to go on, so I click on load game to load up the network game.

I was watching t.v. though, so I was on auto pilot really, so I wasn't concentrating at all.

So I saw my save files come up and click on the Network game, and just let that go through and clicked ok without a second thought.

Then the load game screen comes up and I realised that I had saved my file over the network game.

So I was just wondering if there is anyway of retrieving a file that you have saved over, perhaps some way to undo it.

I doubt it, but If anyone could help I would really appreciate it.

We had gone in a few seasons and have been playing it for months so it's a pretty important save, so I would be gutted if there is no way of retrieving it.

Well I'm off to break the news to them anyway, they will not be best pleased:(

I think that would spell the end of that game mate but on the up note you aint the only 1 that done it! :D I had a massive 20 man game going on and done something similar, thankfully I had taken over hosting it from someone else and they hadn't got round to deleting it themselves so I was lucky enough to retrieve it and we only had to repeat 1 game! I know the dreaded feeling your getting now!

Archived