Mystery Foreign Tycoon!

Started with and currently still managing Hibernian of Scotland.

Within the first 3 months, the club was taken over, 2 loans paid off, upgrading of training and youth facilities & 3 stadium expansions taking the capacity up to 25,000.

Since hitting 25,000 the board say that the council wont wont approve expansion and I've been waiting for a new stadium ever since.

Its April 2018, I've just secured my 8th in a row SPL title, I won the Europa League and last season I managed to win the UCL despite selling about players totaling €130M in the previous 2 seasons.

My bank balance stands at €105M and my wage bill is 403k p/w (850k allowed)

I've just gotten this message about a mystery tycoon looking to takeover the club, whats going to happen next??

Will I be keeping my bank balance? Will I finally get a new stadium? Will I get the sack?

Its April 2018, I've just secured my 8th in a row SPL title, I won the Europa League and last season I managed to win the UCL despite selling about players totaling €130M in the previous 2 seasons.

My bank balance stands at €105M and my wage bill is 403k p/w (850k allowed)

I've just gotten this message about a mystery tycoon looking to takeover the club, whats going to happen next??

Will I be keeping my bank balance? Will I finally get a new stadium? Will I get the sack?

I'm not acusing you of anything but how did you manage to overcome the old firm dominance of the Scottish game? I suspect there's been some serious editing going on.:D;)

How come a Scottish club, especially a non old firm one, has so much money and can afford so large a wage bill.

Can you please post a screenshot of your squad as I would really like to see that.

As for your tycoon well theres no guarantee that any take over will actually take place so you'll just have to wait and see. If you are regularly filling your stadium to capacity every week then there is a very good chance that you will get a new stadium provided your current one cant be expanded any more and of course you have the money to pay for it.

squadbt.jpg

overviewu.jpg

No editing at all

I managed to get 2nd in my first season because Rangers fell apart and I got a takeover as described in the OP. €10M was also put into the bank balance.

Next season I got 3rd but I managed to get into the Group Stage of the UCL and get 3rd and get to the 2nd round there

I managed to sign some really good players cheap/free

Mulgrew

Reynolds

Bonucci

Nef

Mokoena

and some serious regens from some lucky scouting.

Then Celtic and Rangers were crap the next season and I managed to win the title and I snowballed from there speculating on players to drive up my bank balance

e.g. Ramires signed for €24.5M, sold 6 months later for €48.5M, signed his replacement, Hernanes for €11M, sold 6 months later for €31M

Lots of hours working on scouting and coaching and plenty of luck but no cheating.

Also, I have Steven Fletcher who has 307 Gls in 407 Apps and I signed Fabian Delph who went along way to me doing so well.

Rangers and Celtic have been all over the place in my game e.g. Paul Hartley on €51k p/w at 34!! WTF

takeoverq.jpg

Is that on top of the current €132 budget that I didnt use this season?

In talks with a striker that my scouts thought it would take at least €30M to get a look in and €68k-86k a week to convince him to sign but I got a €10M + a transfer listed €1.1M defender bid accepted and I'm offering him €18k a week and I reckon he'll accept cos Sunderland are trying to reduce the wage bill. He's as good as Fletcher and Real Madrid & AC Milan are interested in him and bid for him before but he agreed a deal with me only for me to cancel cos I thought I could get a lower bid accepted, and it worked. This is the sort of luck I get that allows me to dominate the OF.

...Also, I have Steven Fletcher who has 307 Gls in 407 Apps ...

Big fan of Steven Fletcher - I always try to sign him. When he's in the team, he takes his chances, and when he's not in the first team, he never complains. Class. (Of course, I couldn't care less about him IRL)

As to your issues:

From what I've heard on these forums, a balance around £150 million's usually when your club can be persuaded to take on the debt required for a new stadium - so keep plugging away with the transfers and trophies.

I'm guessing that the 174 million's an absolute amount, not an addition to your pre-existing budget. If you want that stadium though, you shouldn't be spending it.

However, if you blow your first budget before the takeover, then you might get two budgets to spend.

Be glad you didn't get a Mike-Ashley-type tycoon. They're not always rich.

Yep, Fletcher is a excellent player for any team imo

Takeover is complete, €174M has been dumped into the bank balance of the club.

Club Reputation has gone up to Worldwide, I got into another UCL final but I dunno whether the rep has gone up because of the success on the field or the takeover. Only got a continental rating when I won the competition last season.

Season books has jumped €100 over night and the club value has gone from €234M -> €411M

First thing I did was request an expansion, planning permission would never be allowed. Argh, what do I have to do?! Season books have been sold every season for the last 8 years!

You'd better hope he hasn't hired an Australian construction firm to build it. ;)

Glad you got your wish!

I worked on construction sites over in Australia, I hope not either! :D

Can I see a screenshot of Fabian Delph please? I am a Leeds fan, and have just got Leeds promoted to the prem after the 3rd season. I just want to see how good he can be.

Are you sure you want to spoil the surprise?

delph.jpg

He's one of the best players I've ever bought and people thought I was robbed paying out €4.5M for him. No chance!!

Disappointed that he hasnt gotten caps for England. He's a UCL regular, that should at the very least gotten him a few subs especially when he just been named in the Dream Team for this season. Sort it out SI!!

He's made a great career move IRL, i.e. working with Martin O'Neill, that man will get more out of Delph than I did :D

I'm not acusing you of anything but how did you manage to overcome the old firm dominance of the Scottish game? I suspect there's been some serious editing going on.:D;)

Going a bit off-topic here, but I'm managing in England with no involvement in Scotland at all. I have the SPL running in the background and in 2011-12 Celtic and Rangers are both little better than mid-table bumblers and Motherwell is setting the pace!

Archived