Should I leave my current club?

Right bit of a sticky situation at the moment.

I'm currently manager of At.Madrid and have been for the last 3 and a half season, I've won the league 2 years in a row as well as the Spanish cup and Spanish super cup twice, however recently Cardiff City (my favourite club) have been under-performing under the guidence of Alan Irvine and he's about to lose his job. I'm a dead cert to take over the managerial hot seat if he gets the sack but I'm worried Atletico will lose their way without me I've brought in world class players and have left them on a sound finicial footing but i don't trust anyone else take them on. Cardiff have been taken over by some mega rich Lithuanian and is pumping the club full of cash left right and centre so they are a massively attractive in that respect. They have been wasting huge amounts of momey on very poor players I cant stand to see them ruin such a great oppourtunity under the current chairman, sooooo.

What do I do? Stay in Spain and keep winning trophies or take hold of my boy hood club and try turn their fortunes around!?

Go.

Did about the same thing, was with ManU, last season I won the title and the CL.

The season after with Van Basten as manager they accomplished the same, now with the 2nd after my leaving coming to an end, their good on their way with doing it yet again.

So, have some confidence in AI managers :).

I always find that after a long save if i switch clubs, i get bored and wish i stayed at the old club, but i dont know if you are moving to your favourite club which sounds like its a challenge... maybe it might be worth it.

Save the game before you leave and then save it again, under a different name, when you join your new club. That way, if it doesn't work out, you can go back to your old club as if nothing has happened. Some consider it cheating, I consider it saving a save from possible ruin.

I always find that after a long save if i switch clubs, i get bored and wish i stayed at the old club,

I used to had that too, but now I use goals. For my current save that is CL win. After 4 years with ManU I won the CL and resigned the next day.

Now I'm with Portsmouth and I'll resign the day after I've won the CL (might be a while though :))

Some would see moving from A Madrid to Cardiff a step down, but if its 'your' team then why not - you have the chance to take them as far as you can - and think because of your rep the players who will be willing to go to Cardiff.

I started a save at Newcastle, got them promoted back to the EPL - then got them back into Europe....Man Utd (my English team) came in for me and I jumped ship to them....still to win the EPL or CL with them....but throughout the whole save I have been keeping an aye on Hearts (my team) and as soon as the chance comes I'll be offski again!! Or if I can just get Hearts as my feeder team at Man Utd I'd be happy - that way I can send all my young stars to them and help that way!!

Save the game before you leave and then save it again, under a different name, when you join your new club. That way, if it doesn't work out, you can go back to your old club as if nothing has happened. Some consider it cheating, I consider it saving a save from possible ruin.

Yeah I did do that, but after continuing the game with a different club then going back to an old save just didn't have that same edge, what I've done this time around for my long save is go to the very bottom and manage FC United, once i've had a stadium named after me and won a CL i'll move to a different country, I have Spain and Italy as well as England on this game, and I'll try the same, my objective is to have 3 stadiums named after me! it's going to take forever i know! but who has 3 stadiums named after them in the top 3 football nations.

Then if i haven't converted to FM10 by this time i'll manage the team I support, win a title and call it quits.

move to your club, not much more to achieve at Madrid unless you feel you have underperformed in Europe.

I am currently managing Portsmouth in season 3, we finished 7th, then 5th. Season 1 i won the League Cup and the UEFA Cup in Season 2.

My club, Derby, are not doing well - hovering above the relegation zone in CCC. If they fire their manager I am off to save them. My Portsmouth "won't ever get relegated" as Harry Redknapp said (but I mean it - Santon, Sturridge, Zucculini, Fleck, Robinho)

I've decided to stay with Atletico now and see how far I can take them, my ultimate goal is to be crowned the champions league winners, and let Cardiff continue with Irvine until furture notice.

Now theres a twist, a Consortium is now looking into taking over At.Madrid and install there own man, Louis Van Gal no less. We've been on a great run recently, haven't lost in 9 games but i'm fearing the chop if they do take over. It's January and they've imposed a transer embargo so it's pretty serious but so frustrating as I can't strengthen for the final push towards the top spot in la liga and in the champions league. I've had an offer from Mata for £35mil straight up cash mmmm which very tempting when I only brought him for £16mil a season and half ago. I'm staying until they get rid of me, and if I do go Cardiff will deffinetly be my next port of call!

Archived