Desperately Need Help!

I'm having a bit of a crisis. I have a superb game file running, managing two teams, both successful, lots of work put into youth development etc... but somehow I have managed to make the whole top section of the game disappear!

After giving Chelsea a good hiding, I clicked continue and everything from the drop down menu on the main screen upwards has vanished. I thought it may have been a glitch, so loaded up an older save file, and the same thing has happened again. I'm assuming I have accidentally nudged a keyboard short cut or something, but I can't get to the section of the Preferences where it tells me the shortcuts!!

I now can't play any of my saved games or start a new game without having half of the screen missing and having no access to the search tools or managers interface. It really isn't cricket. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as at the moment, the only way I can get back to the main managers hud is to click on the highlights of a match so that the drop down bars are available again.

I had an amazing wonderkid from the U.A.E just peaking, and I can't abandon the game just because I've nudged a bleedin key by mistake.

Cheers

I seriously doubt that SI have created a 'hide the upper half of the screen forever' shortcut ;) so I don't think you have made a mistake :)

Those nice words however cannot prevent me from having to admit that I cannot be of any help beyond that :(

if the worst comes to the worst and you need to uninstall the game then install it again make sure you go to the games folder in FM09 and save a copy of your game file to say your My Documents so you have your game file somewhere save then proceed with uninstalling your game then install it and return you game file to the games folder and see if that works. i have never experienced this but if it fixes the problem its worth a go

I'd suggest you try changing your skin, if you can manage to do that. Alternatively delete the one your using from your directory and download another.

It's possible your virus scan mistook one of the files in your skin folder as a virus and deleted it or something, I guess.

I seriously doubt that SI have created a 'hide the upper half of the screen forever' shortcut ;) so I don't think you have made a mistake :)

Those nice words however cannot prevent me from having to admit that I cannot be of any help beyond that :(

Hey, cheers to everyone for the advice.

With the shortcut issue, I was thinking that perhaps it was a short-cut to full-screen your squad list, or transfer targets or training etc... to help fit more on the screen. I don't have the computer i'm playing on connected to the net and haven't done for about a month, so I'm guessing with no recent anti-virus software updates that it can't have anything to do with that either.

Does anyone know where I can find a full list of keyboard short-cuts online anyhow, just on the off chance I have done something basic and stupid without realising it?

Thanks again.

have you done any editing like with logos and that?

The only editing that has been done has been through the standard editor, which is part of why I don't fancy un-installing the entire game either, as the chances of me managing to get the game save and the edited data file all up and running again would be slim to none. Unfortunately I'm a bit special when it comes to handling computers.

Cheers anyway though

Archived