Started unemployed.... Employed yet?

Been lurking on this forum, whilst I rinse repeat the process of go on holiday for 'X' time. Then I return from holiday to take a peek and apply for ones wouldn't mind I want and declare interest in. Anyone else in the same boat as me, still awaiting on their application?

For the first time I have loaded large databases, and more countries from further a-field. If this goes on any longer I just don't want to break a habit that I always do and say YES! to the first team that accepts my offer and actually employees me.

I nearly always start unemployed. I think it makes the game more enjoyable, although as you have mentioned you do find yourself holiday-ing a lot at the beginning trying to find ANY job that fits your reputation.

9 times out of 10, within seven months, a Scottish Div 3 team have offered me the job.

I once ran a test, starting Unemployed with Automatic rep & every league from the Europe list selected

It took 3 days to get a choice of 6 contract offers by selecting/ticking 'apply for ANY job'. I deferred each of them for 1 week and then had a choice of 11 clubs to manage.

It took just under 4 seasons to be offered 1 contract only by waiting for clubs to approach me.

In both cases clubs from the lowest tiers loaded were the only clubs interested in hiring me.

I once ran a test, starting Unemployed with Automatic rep & every league from the Europe list selected

It took 3 days to get a choice of 6 contract offers by selecting/ticking 'apply for ANY job'. I deferred each of them for 1 week and then had a choice of 11 clubs to manage.

It took just under 4 seasons to be offered 1 contract only by waiting for clubs to approach me.

In both cases clubs from the lowest tiers loaded were the only clubs interested in hiring me.

That is an interesting result from you test that was run, but just under 4 seasons .....wow.

I don't mind that being only able to be to manage the lower league teams, as it's all part of the challenge. But I am not complaining it's that it can test my patience when waiting and waiting just to get the game going.

I don't see the point in starting unemployed because if you want a random challenge there's a random team generator on the set-up wizard, unless the idea is to soak up the thrill of taking over a team who've had a shocking start to the season.

In some way yes, yes it is.

I do secretly wish that I can manage a team that I support in real life to enable me to have some 'In game, media interaction' with the now EX-Manager. From getting the job from applying for jobs as you would shall you wish to start the game unemployed. I can imagine that this will rarley happen, in most peoples games. With starting the game with such a lower rep.

Maybe next time I will choose a team randomly. To start the game from the get go.... I can guarantee that I will start the next game unemployed just like before. Just hoping one of the job applications were successful.

I don't see the point in starting unemployed because if you want a random challenge there's a random team generator on the set-up wizard, unless the idea is to soak up the thrill of taking over a team who've had a shocking start to the season.

Agree. Just use the random team generator thing.

Agree. Just use the random team generator thing.

But then you displace a manager who otherwise would of been managing a club if that makes sense.

I like the whole first job thing to be authentic as possible (call me sad if you like....)

But then you displace a manager who otherwise would of been managing a club if that makes sense.

I like the whole first job thing to be authentic as possible (call me sad if you like....)

Not sad at all. I start with no club and no rep. I will take over who ever will offer me a job. and it starts there. It's not about a random challenge, it just adds more realism to the game for me.

Archived