Text Commentary... Please Help!

Guys, major help needed on this one if you can.

I've been an FM follower since the series started and CM (pre-split) prior to that. I followed SI with the split because I knew it would be the better which it has proven to be.

I've bought every game since CM1 except FM2009 and am totally old school when it comes to the match engine and will only watch TEXT COMMENTARY, I can't get away with 2D or 3D.

I didn't buy FM2009 as I was away with work. I am hoping to purchase 2010 this year but am worried that the text commentary will not be an option as my friend has just bought CM2010 (boo hiss boo) and the option is not even available, its 3D or nothing, no text commentary option on its own!!

Pleas guys I would love if someone could help me and let me know if a text commentary only option was available on FM2009 and if it will be available in 2010?

Thank you so much in advance!

Lee

I dont think there has been any official word on this, but I cant see SI taking it out. They left it in when 2D was introduced, they even left it in last year when 3D was introduced. I would imagine that it'll still be there as it would make little sense in taking it out now.

Thanks for the response Celtic 1967. Your right, it would make no sense in taking it out although I was surpirsed to hear/see Eidos had taken it out of CM so I was thinking Horses for Courses maybe I dunno?

The scenario worries me somewhat! I know a lot of dudes who only play using the text commentary and they would not even give the 2D or 3D a go.

If anyone else has any info on this it would appreciated.

Thanks,

Guys, major help needed on this one if you can.

I've been an FM follower since the series started and CM (pre-split) prior to that. I followed SI with the split because I knew it would be the better which it has proven to be.

I've bought every game since CM1 except FM2009 and am totally old school when it comes to the match engine and will only watch TEXT COMMENTARY, I can't get away with 2D or 3D.

Lee

Ummmm.... is match commentary only the only way you like to play the game, if that how you like to play it I am sure you shall be able to carry maybe someone from SI shall bea able to confirm this officialy for you. However when you say you can't get away with 2D/3D is that your pc not capable to run the game in this way?

Yeah I've noticed over the years that I've lost most of my fave features since the good old grey boxes but I wouldn't be able to cope without the text commentary!

Pyewackett - when I say I can't get away with it I mean I just do not like playing it like that. Maybe its just an old school habit but I have strong views on it! I have tried to convert but it just isnt the same.

Archived