Welcome to the prem, here's 350K

Ok, i've just completed my 4th season and got Dagenham and Redbridge to the Premier league. Upon the loading of the new season i'm told, the board expects me to avoid relegation... Not even battle bravely against relegation... and they have given me a whopping 350K to achieve this goal. I mean COME ON... what is that all about, this has to be a bug. How am i supposed to buy premier league players with that? So i got promoted in straight seasons but i'm not a miracle worker. Does anyone else think there might be a little problem with season start transfer revenue?

Has anyone else had this kind of problem when getting lower league teams up to the prem. I know NTFC did it, how much did you get when you got promoted?

Ok, i've just completed my 4th season and got Dagenham and Redbridge to the Premier league. Upon the loading of the new season i'm told, the board expects me to avoid relegation... Not even battle bravely against relegation... and they have given me a whopping 350K to achieve this goal. I mean COME ON... what is that all about, this has to be a bug. How am i supposed to buy premier league players with that? So i got promoted in straight seasons but i'm not a miracle worker. Does anyone else think there might be a little problem with season start transfer revenue?

Has anyone else had this kind of problem when getting lower league teams up to the prem. I know NTFC did it, how much did you get when you got promoted?

yeah but in the PC version you get TV revenue, and payouts for finishing in positions in the league and for getting promoted, as well as winning later cup matches. It seems there is none of this in FMH it leaves lower league clubs with huge disadvantages... especially since the stadium doesn't seem to get upgraded...

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mad_mike70:

yeah but in the PC version you get TV revenue, and payouts for finishing in positions in the league and for getting promoted, as well as winning later cup matches. It seems there is none of this in FMH it leaves lower league clubs with huge disadvantages... especially since the stadium doesn't seem to get upgraded... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stadiums etc. do get upgraded in FMH although its not something which is hugely visible, so you can make a small club into a large one if you're successful enough (please bear in mind this does take time - Brighton irl for instance have been trying to obtain a stadium for quite a few years now).

With regards to your budget if the chairman is (possibly rightfully?) expecting the team to go straight back down then he will bank as much of the income as possible to use for the clubs long term benefit rather than spend a fortune now.

Clubs who have been promoted irl have done this before - indeed Wigan and West Hams spending this season has been fairly low (and bar one signing each their spending would have been well within the budget you've been given) and neither of these are traditionally quite as small as the club you're managing.

Well tbh i think this is a simliar scenario ot Sunderlands.They did not improve their squas as a result they were relegated,whereas Wigan and West ham have perofmred in the premierleague becuase their chairmen has given them money to spend.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mad_mike70:

Cheers for the official word on that Marc, much appreciated, i think i can see where you're coming from, so basically, i should wait until i stay up and do fairly well before expecting any kind of real payout? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah if you can survive at least one season then it'll reassure your chairman to invest some of the revenue (ie. prize money & TV cash) back into the club ... as nj3591 indicated after a while you'll find yourself competing more evenly with other Premiership clubs.

Erm... are you sure Marc??

I got Notts Co into the Championship, and the chairman pretty much expected me to go down - gave me about £100,000.

I scraped survival, and my reward for the following season was £29,000... great, Mr Chairman. Ta very much.

I then lost in the play-offs - SURELY he's convinced that I can keep them in the C'ship now??!

..Apparently not. He gives me £25,000. Lovely.

• SI Staff

Hucknall_Elv - bear in mind that the Championship is no where near as lucrative as the Premiership.

For a real life example Brighton survived in the Championship last season but did so on a shoestring budget (our largest signing being funded by a windfall from Coca Cola) and this season have finally succumbed after a season where I think our most expensive signing was a loan deal icon_wink.gif

(so yeah I am sure - its just that the funding in real-life (and in the game) is notoriously top heavy, unless you have a huge fanbase of rabid supporters don't expect a large amount of dosh in the Championship)

I understand some of your answers Marc but what about the other end of the scale? I started as West Ham and was given £2.4m (iirc) to avoid relegation in the first season. I spent about 2m and finished 6th, qualifying for Europe.

I then released 10 players and signed 3 bosmans to cut the squad down. Only to find out that I will receive just £1.2m for the following season, not many European standard players I can get with that. Any Ideas??

^^^^

i had something similar happen with forest, but made do ended up winngng the eufa cup and the following season got 11million this season finshed 5th won nothing (quarter and semi finals in some cups) didnt sell (or buy) any players but got 22million

Archived