Dell Inspirion 17

Pod17

Not a bad laptop, I'm assuming this is for playing FM.

For goodness sake do not let them at PC World talk you in to having Norton AntiVirus. That and McAfee are the biggest load of rubbish available and they will drain your system. Download one of the free Anitvirus packages like Avast or AVG.

For goodness sake do not let them at PC World talk you in to having Norton AntiVirus. That and McAfee are the biggest load of rubbish available and they will drain your system. Download one of the free Anitvirus packages like Avast or AVG.

Mine came with McAfee so I deleted it and used AVG Free and it works fine:)

Or if you really want to buy one, i'd highly reccomend Kaspersky :thup:

Thanks everyone, I will be purchasing the laptop on Tuesday or Wednesday and going to try and talk them into giving me MS Office for free and if you recomend it Kaspersky..I have a very good grandma and mam for bargaining haha :p

I am trying to coax the Mrs into letting me get an Alienware laptop for Xmas(for the family...............OBVIOUSLY!!!!!)

the price is up there but the specs WOW

one model has # Intel PentiumQuad-Core processor

# (16Ghz, )

# 8GB Memory

and 2TB of storage

can you imagine that....................you could run all nations/all leagues/large DB with no problem

we can all dream

I'm still undecided on my laptop.

PC World site is under maintenance, as is Currys (both DSGi-owned), so can't actually look up on any PCs at the minute.

Ive gone off the Acer Timeline because its rubbish for gaming apparently although the Sony VGN-NW11ss looks OK from what I can tell. I would link the spec but as I said Currys and PC Worls are both down.

I got a very similar spec, aside from the video card, early last year direct from Dell. I upgraded it with a 256Mb video card and it runs FM09 like a dream so far (touch wood!!).

I'd get it from Dell. Good value and easy to customise to cut out the crap you don't need for FM10. All you need is the basics - lots of RAM, fast processor, decent hard drive and good graphics card. most of the PC World laptops are 1) overpriced for the spec and 2) come with on-board graphics which FM won't like.

Its ok for its price. The processor is a bit slow, notebook hard drivers are always slow so you can really expect much and it doesnt have a proper gfx card. A notebook with an ati or nvidia card wouldnt hurt (they are both good enough).

Do you really need a portable computer? IF not then buy a desktop computer that is much faster than a notebook for the same amount of money.

Archived