Competition editor..super league!?

right, i love the idea of being able to create a proper super league...BUT, i'll doubt i'll be able to! the reason is that i like long term realism and when i used to create a European Super League using all 4 scottish leagues with teams like Real Mardrid, Man U, Munich and AC Milan in their Premier div and the likes of IFK Gothenburg, Anderlecht and Dynamo Kiev in the bottom division...all was amazing for the first few seasons with close fought leagues and amazing results and teams like Chelsea getting relegated through the leagues not being able to hack the pressure.. but after about 10 seasons i noticed that because i was using the scottish leagues all of Barcelonas Arsenals youth kids that were being promoted into the first squad were Scottish and that no-one wanted to move to the likes of Madrid and Milan because the "Super League" wasn't well known or famous enough and instead the best players in the world were going to Spain to the lokes of Malaga and England to Premiership Winning portsmouth! Also will FM have factored in the effects on the Champions League if you create a mighty SUPER LEAGUE (hopefully the option to remove the Champs league will be there without affecting the game) and where will your created league have to be based? hopefully it can be a Worldwide league!.. i know no-one knows the answers.. but i have a feeling FM10 will just miss the mark again.. still damn excited tho!

i'd love to have a three tier Super League system with reputations for the leages at 20 19 and 18 respectively and then start the English Prem at 16 with the top team of each european league going into a group style playoff to get promoted to the third tier of the Super League system... if they do this competition editor properly and allow complete control over it, then with a lot of planning there's gonna be some epic fantasy football leagues going on in my house!!

I believe the league has to be based in a country, but doesn't have to adhere to the structure and rules of that league

Regens have the nationality of the country the stadium is based in, not the nationality of the league

Thanks.. where did you read that matey?a bit strange if its got to be based in a specific country when every week you'll be trotting around the globe to play matches... i just want to try and get as realistic as possible international league (i know thats a tad contradictory as there is no such thing, but you know what i mean)

Thanks.. where did you read that matey?a bit strange if its got to be based in a specific country when every week you'll be trotting around the globe to play matches... i just want to try and get as realistic as possible international league (i know thats a tad contradictory as there is no such thing, but you know what i mean)

I think that was said in the stickied announcement thread at the top of the page:)

Just change the rep of the league up to 20 next time you use editor, and revise the other major leagues downwards.

Yeah this would work. I have a played a DB created with this idea where all the top Euro teams were moved into Premiership and other major leagues were dropped in reputation. I have to say; it sounds like a good idea but in reality it gets boring soon because eventually teams lose their identity and for example Real Madrid in Premiership starts to play like Real London, getting English regens and acting like just another english team.

I would suggest that if one will bother himself to create a super league then better way is to actually modify champions league so that, instead of knock out stage it will make a league of best 8 teams after existing group stage to determine to winner. This will ensure that each team will still keep their identity and nation but still there will be an extremely tough final group where each match will be top class.

I'll be trying the same as cooperidol; I love the idea (IRL as well) to have the winners of domestic leagues around the world competing to be promoted to a multi-tiered world superleague system. It would revolutionise football, top players in less developed leagues would no longer have to leave their home countries to move to Europe, since every team would have the chance to get to the top of world football-maybe top players would choose L.A, Rio, Cape town, Sydney etc over Manchester or London.

Yeah this would work. I have a played a DB created with this idea where all the top Euro teams were moved into Premiership and other major leagues were dropped in reputation. I have to say; it sounds like a good idea but in reality it gets boring soon because eventually teams lose their identity and for example Real Madrid in Premiership starts to play like Real London, getting English regens and acting like just another english team.

I would suggest that if one will bother himself to create a super league then better way is to actually modify champions league so that, instead of knock out stage it will make a league of best 8 teams after existing group stage to determine to winner. This will ensure that each team will still keep their identity and nation but still there will be an extremely tough final group where each match will be top class.

Taht is EXACTLY what i don't want!... the last time i tried it the same thing happened, with the likes of Barcelona and Ac milan getting rubbish English Regens and buying even worse English "stars".. what CM or

FM did you do that in matey?.. i really can't see why there can't be an option to chose None(worldwide) when your selecting where a new league is based!

You can already get this to work in FM09. Just increase the rep of the league you are using, move the teams to that league but don't change the nation for their city, as it's this that determines where the regens come from. So even though you will have Real Madrid as a Scottish team playing in the Scottish league, they will still produce Spanish regens from the Madrid area. As long as the league rep is high you should still attract high quality players.

You can already get this to work in FM09. Just increase the rep of the league you are using, move the teams to that league but don't change the nation for their city, as it's this that determines where the regens come from. So even though you will have Real Madrid as a Scottish team playing in the Scottish league, they will still produce Spanish regens from the Madrid area. As long as the league rep is high you should still attract high quality players.

I did something similar to this on 09 and it was the best game i've had.

I think the most important thing is that chairmen can't expect every team to win it. For example, if Chelsea or Man Utd were 7th in their domestic league the manager would be under pressure, but that shouldn't be so in a super league.

Excellent point my friend...the game would have to realise that the teams were competing in a SUPER league and that even finishing 15th would bring in 30 odd million in prize money, not to mention the tv revenue from such an epic venture..thats how id do it anyway...if you had to use an exsisting league structure one of many flaws would be exactly that, not getting enough money for just being in it and 15 or so managers getting the sack a year, until the game gradually brings down the teams reputation to suit the league, i.e inter milan in 2015/16 with a rep of 11...

Archived