Fm10/11 Cosmetic idea

So, we have the players in 3D, we even have a dugout, but what about an interactive manager, someone there to protect or congratulate their players as they leave the pitch, be it subsitution or red carded, someone who is on the touchline waving arms about with tactical changes... or kicking drink bottles and getting sent off the pitch into opposition stands ;)

what do you think?

I don't believe so. The game is all about realism. The 3D engine wasn't inrtoduced because it looks pretty it was introduced because it adds another dimension to gameplay and makes the game easier to understand in terms of mistakes, great goals etc. I don't see how having a manager congratulate his players when leaving the pitch adds anything tangible to gameplay.

I would have thought time would be better spent on other things such as improving the transfer system etc.

Anyway that is just my opinion, obviously not everyone will agree.

well there are few things to take into account here:

1) what does it add to game play?

2) how will it represent individual managers? I am asian so i would not want me being represented in any other way? so have to add an manager designer screen when selecting new user?

3) how the animations will work out? will it be too repeatitive? (sp)

4) is all the time and efforst in terms of testing and codeing worth while?

Without been rude, I think they call it progression... why don't we just go back and play CM1 for the rest of our days, progression comes in different ways, this may be more costmetic than some of the other ideas but it adds something different which I think a lot of people would enjoy seeing added to the game.

Without been rude, I think they call it progression... why don't we just go back and play CM1 for the rest of our days, progression comes in different ways, this may be more costmetic than some of the other ideas but it adds something different which I think a lot of people would enjoy seeing added to the game.

without being rude everyone has a right to an opinion, and thats what we really are giving here.

also i would very much like them to focus on other areas for progression such as:

1) improving the match engine

2) building on media interaction

3) building on player interaction

4) international management

5) Improving the 3D aspect of the game, and developing further

6) improving regans

Thats my personal opinion, people may or maynot agree.

Personally I would love to see a little version of myself waving his arm's screaming at players who are mucking up my perfect tactics but quite frankly the implementation and effort it would take just seem's to make it a no-brainer to not add it. The amount of time they would have to invest into doing it for the minimal benefits they would recieve isn't worth it at this point in time I think.

I'd love it if SI bundled motion sensors with the game so we could jump up and celebrate, and then see a little man doing it on screen.:D

Seriously, not a bad idea and wouldn't be hard to put in, although I'm not that fussed tbh.

SI recruited someone specifically to work on the 3D graphics. No-one has been taken away from other areas of the game. The developer(s) in question will not be working on transfer bugs, or training, or manager AI or anything else other than 3D graphics.

The only debate should be whether it is something that would add atmosphere and hence immersion, how it could be implemented and whether there are higher priority issues for the 3D developer(s) to deal with.

For the record, I would be happy for this to go in, but not bothered if it didn't.

If it furthers immersion into the gaming experience than it serves a very good purpose.

A lot of new people have been attracted to the game by the 3D engine - a 3D version of themselves, that reacts to the game based on their own input into the game (press conferences, profile, dealing with players and other media etc effect how your manager reacts to the on-field action) would be another boost.

It would also be great if not only was there a manager in the dugout, but after the game you drive him all the way home. Then when you get home, you could give him a bath and wash his hair. Then next day you drive him to the training ground.

It would add realism.

It would also be great if not only was there a manager in the dugout, but after the game you drive him all the way home. Then when you get home, you could give him a bath and wash his hair. Then next day you drive him to the training ground.

It would add realism.

Now this i like :thup: Only if you could buy a house on your day off, or choose your summer holiday destination. :D Maybe there could be an expansion pack, something that was mentioned a while back about actually driving the team bus to and from the ground ;):D

People getting a bit carried away in an attempt to be funny and an ass at the same time here.

In the context of the 3D engine, it's a bit daft having pretty much everyone there apart from the manager isn't it?

Yes but everything is there for a reason. What possible reason would there be for having a manager standing there?

I actually like this idea. As long as it's fully integrated. By that I mean, the manager reacts accordingly when doing touch line shouts.

The manager interacts with subs for 'last minute instructions'

etc

perhaps even a choice when you first start the game as to what type of manager you are.

Are you layed back? Vocal? Frantic (loads of hand gestures and pacing up and down)

all this would affect how your avatar acts.

Great idea!

I'm not sure it would take that long to add in a manager who reacts to the game, the engine is already there, the developers im sure are more than capable of knocking this up in a few days!

Never assume it'll be an easy change. It would be if it was just a token gesture. To make sure it's fully integrated will take more planning.

As for abs_uk... You can't tell whether a player is Asian in fms 3d view. So I don't it would make much difference to a manager

Yes but everything is there for a reason. What possible reason would there be for having a manager standing there?

What possible reason is there for random subs to leave the bench and run up and down the touchline? It adds nothing in terms of gameplay but it's a little touch that helps creates an atmosphere of reality. IMO a manager dot would do the same.

It would add realism.

One word - scope.

A football manager standing on the touchline issuing instructions in response to the touchline shouts feature of a game called Football Manager is clearly within the scope of the game.

Everything else you mockingly suggest, as if it were a natural extension of the original idea posted, is clearly not within the scope.

There is absolutely no need to treat people like they are stupid for making a suggestion. FM is full of little touches that on the surface of it do nothing to add to the game, but in combination create a richer, more immersive experience.

you might be able to add it so it affects gameplay maybe? Needs somebody with bigger brains then me to do it but could have stuff like having a fergie style rant at the 3rd official? Why bother waiting till after the game. Perhaps even a rant with other managers, Perhaps your not happy with how there team are trying to assult your players? (something i think is mising on the interaction side anyway, not being able to critize the oppositions aggressive play if one of there players injures yours). Maybe a Mourinho-esque run down the touchline when you score which could have the effect of winding up the opposition players and firing them up or even motivating your players if they are low in confidence.

What i said would be a few versions down the line but why not start now with just addind a manager in 3d. Would be a good idea

I like the idea! It's the same as in FM09, but just on a smaller scale. By that I mean that everyone complained because there was not a crowd in 3d view in FM09. Less people will complain about there not being a animated manager on the sidelines in FM10, but a few people will question it, I believe.

Personally just a brown coloured blob/circle would do me. Or it's 3D version. Just there for cosmetic value animations to reflect touchline 'Shouts' are not needed. It would be nice in cosmetic touch to the game, but that would be it. There are more important things to add/tweak in the game.

I always wanted to see the manager on the bench or standing and giving instructions, and when you click on him you can see your surname and feel that you are really there on the field interacting with your players.. the game is called Football Manager, but there is no manager on the field.. and there is no reason to see him having a bath.. have you ever watched the players having a bath in the game?

I always wanted to see the manager on the bench or standing and giving instructions, and when you click on him you can see your surname and feel that you are really there on the field interacting with your players.. the game is called Football Manager

That about somes it up doesn't it. ;)

A also campaigned for this before; it would add massive enjoyment to my gaming experience for the reasons given in many posts here.

well there are few things to take into account here:

1) what does it add to game play?

More than physios and benches, but they're in.

2) how will it represent individual managers? I am asian so i would not want me being represented in any other way? so have to add an manager designer screen when selecting new user?

Just a simple hair and skin colour option. This was omitted from the FM09 editor but the latest FMRTE includes it for players.

3) how the animations will work out? will it be too repeatitive? (sp)

Just jumping up and 'shouting' when we utilise the 'shout' function would be a great start for me.

4) is all the time and efforst in terms of testing and codeing worth while?

As I say, it wouldn't be any more sophisticated than the current physios - not much effort, surely?

:thup::thup: from me!

I'd love it if SI bundled motion sensors with the game so we could jump up and celebrate, and then see a little man doing it on screen.:D

Seriously, not a bad idea and wouldn't be hard to put in, although I'm not that fussed tbh.

This would be awesome. I might never eat again.

Also, credit to where credit is due, I remember the manager dot idea!

Archived